Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge RU Problems

ArcheAge Arche Age Beta RU Problems AA AAS Source Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

ninjamatthew

ninjamatthew

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hey guys, I downloaded the AA RU beta recently and when I open it, it takes me to race selection. I click the next button and then my screen goes black with the regular windows cursor. Problem is probably because I am running it under a VM. Please help!

TwitchYouTube | Twitter

fMc2XbC.png?1?4854

neolitejukebox

neolitejukebox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hmm that will be hard to troubleshoot , and I dunno how cryengine handles VMs ( due to it's intensive gpu usage ) , but if you can run it to the race selection it seems weird it crashes after it.

This thread may shred some light on it , although it's about another topic you have some nice posts about running AA on VMs : http://archeagesourc...tiboxing/page-2

Do you really need to run AA trough a VM ? :/

maybe instead of loosing time trying to troubleshoot that ( If it starts taking too much time ) to just run it "natively" .

ninjamatthew

ninjamatthew

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hmm that will be hard to troubleshoot , and I dunno how cryengine handles VMs ( due to it's intensive gpu usage ) , but if you can run it to the race selection it seems weird it crashes after it.

This thread may shred some light on it , although it's about another topic you have some nice posts about running AA on VMs : http://archeagesourc...tiboxing/page-2

Do you really need to run AA trough a VM ? :/

maybe instead of loosing time trying to troubleshoot that ( If it starts taking too much time ) to just run it "natively" .

Well since I have a MBP....my graphics card is an Intel HD 4000...that explains the problem D:

TwitchYouTube | Twitter

fMc2XbC.png?1?4854

neolitejukebox

neolitejukebox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well since I have a MBP....my graphics card is an Intel HD 4000...that explains the problem D:

:(

But shouldn't it run even with the HD4000 ? I do think the hd4000 should run it ... though I dunno if it would give good fps.

Maybe try parallels or bootcamp.

ninjamatthew

ninjamatthew

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

:(
But shouldn't it run even with the HD4000 ? I do think the hd4000 should run it ... though I dunno if it would give good fps.
Maybe try parallels or bootcamp.

using parallels. I have 1gb of video mem, 60 gb of free space and 4 gb of free ram

TwitchYouTube | Twitter

fMc2XbC.png?1?4854

neolitejukebox

neolitejukebox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

using parallels. I have 1gb of video mem, 60 gb of free space and 4 gb of free ram

I would wait for another mac user to give a 100% sure , but I would try bootcamp just to be sure.

I also use windows like it's an "xbox" , it's my gaming os :D

I'm sure there is someone with hd4000 that can give some input on if it runs and how it runs.

ninjamatthew

ninjamatthew

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Thanks

TwitchYouTube | Twitter

fMc2XbC.png?1?4854