XLGAMES' first creation was a racing MMO called XL1.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge player sentenced to 13 hours in jail by peers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

ArcheAge RSS Bot

ArcheAge RSS Bot

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

aajail.jpg

ArcheAge's court system came into the limelight yesterday when a player in beta was sentenced to over 13 hours of in-game jail time by a jury of his or her peers.

Players who break the various laws in the game and then die have a choice to either accept a short prison sentence or go to court and plead their case to a jury of five other players. These players then vote on the defendant's guilt or innocence, and in the case of the former, sentence the defendant to prison. Prisoners can wait out their sentence, play soccer in the jail courtyard, or attempt to tunnel their way to freedom.

This particular player had over 100 criminal charges, which incurred a high amount (770 minutes) of jail time. If you want to learn more about ArcheAge's criminal justice system, check out the video after the break!

Continue reading ArcheAge player sentenced to 13 hours in jail by peers

feedlogo.gif

Source: MMO Fallout , BoneFire TV

View the full article...

Haki88

Haki88

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

13 hours ingame jail time wtf? They support that much jail time? Another retarded thing in archeage.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

13 hours ingame jail time wtf? They support that much jail time? Another retarded thing in archeage.

How is it retarded? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

The doors for Darkfall and WoW are down the hall to the left & right, respectively.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

You can escape in less than 15 minutes lol

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Well you still have the debuff even if you escape, but I still don't get why people get so angry or wet about the system you don't have to go in front of the jury and get that kind of sentence.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Aren't you able to just plead out for whatever the NPC Judge decides?

"We need to enhance our security..."

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Aren't you able to just plead out for whatever the NPC Judge decides?

Yeah, but you still get like 80% of the max sentence. And who knows if 13 hours was even the max sentence for this guy...

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Yeah, but you still get like 80% of the max sentence. And who knows if 13 hours was even the max sentence for this guy...

When did  they change that? You used to get pretty much the minimal sentence like 10 mins or so if you went straight to jail even with few hundred crime points.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

LOL it was Rev as well, how the fuck did he manage that I wonder.

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The people that complain about this won't even be the ones ever eligible for a time like this

I actually would be honored if I got thst much jail time lioool

koawhkaine

koawhkaine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Dont know about anyone else, but all of the trials I have seen, its the theft of trees and stuff that yield the longest sentence. I think I had 12 murders and 50-60 assaults, I got 22 minutes. Another guy had 129 larceny and got 76 minutes. I sat in court room for awhile as spectator, never once saw a murderer get more time than a thief.

log.png

RISE GUILD | KOAWHKAINE ON TWITCH | KOAWHKAINE ON YOUTUBE | QUESTING | MAPS

POWER LEVELING | PVP | BOATS | INSTANCES | DONKEY | SCARECROW | SMALL BABIES | GUILD APPLICATION

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

When did they change that? You used to get pretty much the minimal sentence like 10 mins or so if you went straight to jail even with few hundred crime points.

Is that so? When I went to jail, it was either plead guilty for 10 minutes or having a potential max sentence of 12 minutes, so I assumed that pleading guilty still made you receive about 80% of the max sentence. If it's a flat 10 minutes, that's stupid.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Rev is great, I once use telekinesis to put him through a portal to Marianople :P

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Is that so? When I went to jail, it was either plead guilty for 10 minutes or having a potential max sentence of 12 minutes, so I assumed that pleading guilty still made you receive about 80% of the max sentence. If it's a flat 10 minutes, that's stupid.

Well someone could teSt how it works now. I remember getting 10min sentences a lot in kr killing bots and stuff.

Andrey Schimidt

Andrey Schimidt

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I got 24h in korean AA once... Don't ask me why. I didn't even had a jury.