If you encounter an error while browsing ArcheAgeSource, please report it in the Website Feedback forum!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

off healer/dps pvp build

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

icx

icx

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Any advice for a new player? Just bought the founders pack and I have no idea what i'm doing with the builds. I would like to be a healer, but i don't really want to be useless in 1v1 situations. 

Testsubject118

Testsubject118

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Devotion/Protection/Will. Pump most points into heals, throw some skills in to cc. its alpha, and its cheap to re spec. mess around with it, see what works ^^

Side note in this game once 1.0 happens its harder to balance healing and dps, so think about what is more important to you; being a support character or damage.

Walk Always The Path Of Light, Or Be Dragged To It.

OGuz

OGuz

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Devotion/Protection/Will. Pump most points into heals, throw some skills in to cc. its alpha, and its cheap to re spec. mess around with it, see what works ^^

Side note, in this game once 1.0 happens, its harder to balance healing and dps, so think about what is more important to you; being a support character or damage.

what do you mean when 1.0 happens? what does it bring?

Sacrius

Sacrius

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

what do you mean when 1.0 happens? what does it bring?

A separate healing stat and magic stat, in 1.0 you would need 2 sets of gear if you want to fulfill both roles.

OGuz

OGuz

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

that is stupid :/

xmandeh

xmandeh

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

A separate healing stat and magic stat, in 1.0 you would need 2 sets of gear if you want to fulfill both roles.

wrong. you'd only need 2 weapons which you can macro and switch infight. koreans started doing this.

example for apostle : while dps'ing use 2handed staff - and if u need to throw in some hearts (lvl 45 healing spell from devotion) u switch to scepter + shield - spam the heal button and switch back.

it is, in fact, harder - but also doable. :)

ZNICK

ZNICK

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

You don't even need to swap weapons... you can keep the same weapon if you want, you'll just heal a little less damage or do a little less damage.

Z

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

wrong. you'd only need 2 weapons which you can macro and switch infight. koreans started doing this.

example for apostle : while dps'ing use 2handed staff - and if u need to throw in some hearts (lvl 45 healing spell from devotion) u switch to scepter + shield - spam the heal button and switch back.

it is, in fact, harder - but also doable. :)

koreans?  lol i started before the game was even out.  all games benefit from weapon swapping.  especially if your melee

ienBipi.jpg

Signature done by SureikaN

Formerly known as "Malak" from R30's, Sin, Blackguard

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

xmandeh

xmandeh

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

You don't even need to swap weapons... you can keep the same weapon if you want, you'll just heal a little less damage or do a little less damage.

Z

koreans?  lol i started before the game was even out.  all games benefit from weapon swapping.  especially if your melee

look at the text i quoted and my answer.

hybrid builds do still work, but you need to swap weapons to either do dmg or heal, because if you wear a goddamn 2handed staff, your int will scale for magical damage and NOT for healing, so you'd have to swap to the scepter (there are some other 1handed options aswell) to heal.

that's what i meant.

Edited by LlexX, 29 May 2014 - 02:56 AM.
inappropriate language