Something you write on the forums could show up here!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PvP healing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

icx

icx

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I rolled inquisitor without actually looking much into the class thinking it would be like warrior in other games. What I got was a duel hero glass cannon. I made the mistake of listening to my friends. Now i want to reroll to a healer. 

I am thinking either protection/will/devotion or artistry/will/devotion. I have no interest in pve and want to be a dedicated pvp healer(not an offhealer). Can bodyguard handle that roll or will i have to pick up artistry instead? And if i do roll bodyguard, should i be heavy or light armor? I've heard mixed opinions about it, with people telling me i should not even touch cloth armor as bodyguard. Others say the spirit and the cloth bonus is necessary for a healer.

Icame2PvP

Icame2PvP

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

If you want a pure healer I'd suggest the artisty/will/devotion and I'd suggest cloth armor for much higher int and spirit. Will gives plenty of survivability even in cloth you get the HP buff, 2 passives that reduce damage, anti-cc, and the blink and fast movement skill. Artistry adds a lot to the build in forms of support. You get more heals, debuffs for enemies, and lots of buffs for your allies including increased speed and damage and breaking ccs for your whole group.

Artistry/will/devotion is the best support character in the game. Its weakness is a lack of dps so it's not the best for soloing or 1v1 fights but it's amazing in group pvp and all of your group mates will absolutely love you. With all the mobility and heals you will be very difficult to kill. 

icx

icx

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

So this build is pretty bad in arena, great for large groups i assume? Edgewalkers just beat it in every way in arena. That 1 extra heal you get(that doesn't even do anything to save an isolated target) doesnt compare to the massive damage/cc hybrids get. Not only that, you won't ever get a chance to use your channeled abilities since everyones hp is dropping like a rock. Just seems like hybrid healers are the way to go for pvp.

I guess i probably should have mentioned i wasn't into zerg pvp.