We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question for experienced Tanks/Melee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

SmurfInHell

SmurfInHell

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

First off Hello and welcome to my first post on the ArcheAge Source forums! Secondly, the quesiton:

I've heard one of the best tanking/heavy armor setups includes the skill trees battlerage, occult, and defense. Do you know what skills make it so good and if they intend to change it? Also, do you know if 2handed tanking can be a thing. Would you be able to have the DPS of the 2hander and be able to keep aggro compared to the sword/board. In some games sword/board setups get extra aggro generation does this apply to ArcheAge? I'm thinking that most foriegn MMO's do not have the same mentality, but
instead it acts as a tradeoff of having a lower DPS and higher survivability (sword/board) vs a higher DPS and lower survivability (2 hand / dual wield?).

Could you go into depth on specific skills and tactics that would differentiate these two? Will the 2 hander have more AoE, or would the sword/board setup have more AoE because of a common culture thinking the sword/board tank needs this?

Any and all information is helpful :)

Side Note: I'm not in the game yet, but this will help me get a general sense of direction and allow me to plan out what I would like to focus on when beta rolls around.