Something you write on the forums could show up here!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how does leveling up and/or skill tree selection affect stat increases?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Ghuandar5

Ghuandar5

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could explain how (if?!) leveling up and/or skill tree selections affects your stats. I have been playing the Korean version for about a month and leveling up various characters to the teens for comparison. As far as I can see, all of their main attributes (Ex. strength, intelligence, agility, etc) increase the same (2 per level). As well, I cannot see an significant differences with the more detailed stats (Ex. detailed offensive, detailed defensive, etc.) In fact, it appears that when leveling up, some of these stats even dip down and then up later.

I am already aware that item use can have impacts on such stats. Again, my question is about leveling up and/or your choice of the three skill trees. Does leveling up affect characters with different skill tree selections in different ways or does just everyone character get a 2 point increase per level regardless of what skill trees they select?

Further compounding things are the point allocations to the different class names. Certain English and Korean sites assign numbers between 5-11 to the following categories: physical damage, magic damage, defense, curses and buffs (or create specialized 'pie charts' about them). What do these numbers mean?? I have found no explanation in either English or Korean sites about what these numbers mean. Do they relate somehow to the basic attributes or the more detailed stats? If so, how?

If anyone can even shed a tidbit of information about my inquiry or direct me to a site that does, Korean or English, that would be great!! Thanks again. Sorry for the lengthy email.

Ghuandar

Ghuandar5

Ghuandar5

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well..since no one else has put their 2 sense in (or doesn't know), I am going to go on a little limb here to hypothesize an answer to my own question based on my own leveling and data/comment gathering...

I would seem to me that is -wrong- (or at least MISLEADING) for people to say that certain class combinations affect your visible stat distribution (ex. strength, agility, any detailed stat, etc). Rather, it is your choosing of passives that can have a small affect on your stats if any. Certain passives (if you choose them) will slightly affect your stats. So indirectly, your choice of class combinations will affect your stats but only in that you will have different passives to choose from which are really what could affect your stats. So I think it is better for people to STOP saying class combinations affect your stats and START saying your choice of passives will affect your stats.

Second, regarding the sites that give numbers and/or little diagrams about physical attack, magical, attack, protection (or defense), weakening (or efbuff) and strengthening (or buff) (For example, go to http://arche-base.com/ , build a character and click the Base Stats tab)...I believe the makers of them are simply giving -arbitrary numbers- that do -NOT- represent any actual stat values in the game. Rather, someone body simply looked at each class and gave it 'RATING NUMBERS'. He/she thought something like...'okay, how many physical attacks does this class give a character, how many magical attacks?, how many buffs?, how many defensive powers?, how strong is each of those attacks' and then they just used such thinking to assign rating numbers for again arbitrary categories (physical attack, magic attack etc.) to each class. This simply lets people know -roughly- (but unfortunately not very exactly) how well class and class combinations will perform for them in terms of general attacks, spell types etc.

To give my own two thoughts .... it would nice if things were more -CONCRETE- to avoid confusion and also to allow players who care about stuff like this to figure out their stats more easily. At least, the people who made the character builder sites could put in a simple paragraph similar to what I have written here to let people understand better what their numbers mean especially when they appear to be arbitrary in that their numbers aren't actually real stats in the game. (Ex. The terms physical attack, magical attack, defense, buff, etc.) are rating value that we (site makers?) have created but are not really stat values to...etc.)

Okay...enough rambling! Again, I could be wrong in one or more things I have said here....I challenge someone to prove me wrong!! Otherwise, I am finally going to stop playing around with Archeage and start playing a real game with the Korean version. It seems real fun! And I can't wait to try the English version. I hope they make stats more concrete or even better...it would be great with we could actually increase some stats like the strength, agility, etc. ourselves when we level. It would be one more nice level of customization for this great game!

Ghuandar

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Class trees selection don't affect the character attributes (passives skills and some buffs do), the level of your character effects them.

That chart at the skill calculator is just an "indicator" for that tree, an indicator of the orientation of skills which the tree contains.

Ghuandar5

Ghuandar5

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Thanks LlexX for confirmation of what I said. I take when you say 'the level of your character effects them', you are referring to what I thought above that each level the basic attributes (Ex. strength, intelligence, etc.) all go up by 2 points automatically and you don't have any choice in the matter.

If all this is so, basically your choice of items chiefly and your selection of passives to some degree are all the customization you have in determining how your stats increase. The two point increase merely allows your character the window to fight higher level dudes as he goes up in level as well as gain an advantage in pvp over characters who are lower level.

And your use of the word 'indicator' is paraphrasing what I said about the chart thingy as containing only rating numbers that aren't actually directly reflected in the game but just give us rough ideas on how many types and the strengths of different attacks, defenses, buffes each class tree has

Thanks again for your two cents! Woot! I feel like I can finally make a plan on what skill trees to choose and what items to get/craft now for my first real character.

Ghuandar

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Thanks LlexX for confirmation of what I said. I take when you say 'the level of your character effects them', you are referring to what I thought above that each level the basic attributes (Ex. strength, intelligence, etc.) all go up by 2 points automatically and you don't have any choice in the matter.

1. If all this is so, basically your choice of items chiefly and your selection of passives to some degree are all the customization you have in determining how your stats increase. The two point increase merely allows your character the window to fight higher level dudes as he goes up in level as well as gain an advantage in pvp over characters who are lower level.

2. And your use of the word 'indicator' is paraphrasing what I said about the chart thingy as containing only rating numbers that aren't actually directly reflected in the game but just give us rough ideas on how many types and the strengths of different attacks, defenses, buffes each class tree has

1. You shouldn't worry about the character level, since it's easy to reach 50, that +2 all attribute poins don't make mutch of a difference in PvP, the real reason of higher level players having the advantage, is that they probably have better gear than crafted and that they have their skills maxed out (skills also have levels, which are scaling with the skill tree levels). Also you have lower chance to hit a higher level char, and less chance to evade/block their attacks.

2. Indeed.