In 2003 Jake Song left NCsoft and created XLGAMES.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heres how to invert the Y axis for your mouse camera

mouse inversion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Ghuandar5

Ghuandar5

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hi everyone. Anyone here like to play games like Archeage with an inverted Y mouse for moving the camera? If you do and are stressing about the lack of this function, stress no more!!

Follow these steps here and will be able to play the game with an inverted Y mouse function like have been playing for the last month...

1. Download and install Sakasa Mouse program at a site such as: http://download.cnet...6-10553398.html

2. Download Autohotkey at a site such as: http://www.autohotkey.com/

3. Install both programs.

4. Right click anywhere on your main windows screen to bring up a menu and select Autohotkey Script under New. This will create an authotkey script with an icon right on your main windows screen.

5. Right click the autohotkey icon you just made and select edit script.

6. Past into the opened script window the following:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

~RButton::

ControlClick, Reverse y-axis, Configuration,,,, NA
ControlClick, Apply, Configuration,,,, NA

KeyWait, RButton
ControlClick, Reverse y-axis, Configuration,,,, NA
ControlClick, Apply, Configuration,,,, NA

Return

7. Save your file and close it.

Now you are all set up.

Now, whenever you want to play the game do the following:

1. Double click your autokey icon that you made using the above steps

2. Double click the icon for SakasaMouse that you downloaded.

3. Make sure that you have the SakasaMouse configuration window open. You will probably have to just click the little SakasaMouse icon that appears in the bottom right of your windows whenever you start SakasaMouse.

If you did all this, you should see this window open....

5wdslf.jpg

** Important, don't touch anything in opened window. Just leave it the way it is with nothing selected.

Your now done!

You should now noticed that whenever you hold down the right button of your mouse, everything is now inverted in the Y-axis only
Just leave the programs running and now run your game. Whenever you hold down your right button, the camera will move up whenever you pull down and down when you pull up. In other words, things are inverted ONLY for when you hold down the right mouse button to work the camera. Otherwise, things remain univerted like moving the mouse around the screen when don't hold down the right mouse button.

I hope all this helps! Also, if you prefer to hold down the left most button or even either one to make your camera inverted, let me know! It's fairly easy to change the script to do that.

All in all, after you have set up the two programs, it takes like 10 seconds to open them and have things ready whenver you want to play the game!! You have not wasted your money! And you don't have to conform! Remain an inverted Y camera mover like me for the rest of your life. This setup should work with other games too where the makers are too lazy (and silly since its really easy to include an inverted y option) to bother with giving you one.

Cheers

Ghuandar

Ghuandar5

Ghuandar5

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hi everyone. Here is one more important step that some may have to add.....

This solution works for a number of users but not all apparently (I've received feedback from other posted site). Apparently, some users have to make sure that they run the programs (ex. sakasamouse, autohotkey) as administrator. You can just right click the .exe program, click properties and select the tab for run as administrator. That should hopefully allow it to be automatically runned as admin in the future every time you play later.

I've been enjoying and playing this game with full inversion ever since this fix. I hope this helps everyone else who wants (needs?) to play this game or others like me!

Ghuandar

Sakeytheninja

Sakeytheninja

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Hi there Ghuandar! Great fix, I was able to use it perfectly. This is super helpful and I'm sure others will enjoy it.

I did notice that holding Left-Click (JUST camera) does not actually have the Inverted Y axis though, only holding Right-Click (Camera & Player rotation/movement). Is there a way to edit the script for this? Thanks!

cikofsky

cikofsky

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

The thing that bothers me, is that they have completely ignored a huge base of players by not implementing that option in-game.  Sure, we can use outside software to try to get the job done, but why the heck should we?  If they aren't willing to add a common option amongst games all around the world, then I don't see why I should waste my time with their game (no matter how good it is hyped up to supposedly be).

Thanks for the fix, but I'm gonna pass on the game, just on principal.

Calmethar

Calmethar

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Doesn't seem to work with Windows 8.1

Have tried everything here at least, and can't get it to work :/ Thanks for the effort though!