ArcheAgeSource.com is hosted on a server located near Atlanta.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need help Uninstalling Mail.ru

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

MrJadeOfStars

MrJadeOfStars

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I figured out how to uninstall AA but I don't know how to uninstall Mail.ru, Since the client is in Russain can someone give me steps on uninstalling it? I don't see it on my uninstall programs list and there's no uninstaller in its folder from what I can tell.

Sinned

Sinned

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

If there are programs I can't uninstall for various reasons, either the uninstaller is broken or something else like what you are having an issue with now, I use ccleaner.  I delete the directory I want gone, then I run CCleaner.  First I check their built in uninstaller and if I find it there I remove it via their utility.  Then I just run their registry cleaner, and have it clean up the left over crap in registry.

works great.  You can get it here, they also have nice other little utilities that are free.  http://www.piriform....leaner/download  Free version will do everything you need to remove any programs you can't uninstall through windows via the normal process.  Remember, all of this can be done also via regedit (built in windows program), and a basic understanding of your file-system layout if you don't feel secure in using 3rd party programs to do the trick, just don't do it if you aren't sure what you are doing.  You can really muck up your install of windows if you mess with the wrong things in the registry.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Mail.ru's client is difficult to exorcise. It mostly has to be done manually, because even "uninstalling" it through the client itself leaves files behind. I think I found crap in the %APPDATA% folder, can't remember if it was under Local or Roaming.

Kiarrasw

Kiarrasw

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I mentioned this back in march that it was found on my hard drive after I did a complete reformat using my hidden boot partition. It is insidious. I ended up having to do a fresh os install after a thorough wipe to get rid of it. Good luck.