Something you write on the forums could show up here!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Build for the button challenged~

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

rozenryme

rozenryme

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Hi ^^

Issue i have with pretty much every game, small hands~

The usual suggestions are things like gaming mice...

They wont work ; . ;

Anyhoo thats why im trying to make it as few skills that i need to be able to constantly press as possible.

Normally id be thrilled if the max amount was 10...or less... <_<

Anyhoo~ it means the buidls going to be very passive based.

And while i know alot of people will say passive based builds will be ohoho (Not Listening!) less then optimal,

kinda necessary...sorry in advance.

Id perfer a magic based build and i thiiiink i found something that kinda meshes...kinda. :wub:

http://arche-base.co....5/gshv3l0Kt7xv

This one focuses on control and the passives to mess round with crit.

Hopefully if i pin someone down with illusion should be rather lethal.

http://arche-base.co....5/gsBK3pzvt7xv

This one has alot less buttons i need (YAY) but alot less control (NUUU :angry:) but gives some group support so guess its okie? further capitalizes on critical's.

Any suggestions (Besides mice PLEASE >< i cant even fit a naga!) or alternate builds would be wonderful~

Not to mention any keybind setups that may help?...juz sayin~ :huh:

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

how tiny are your hands?

rozenryme

rozenryme

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

how tiny are your hands?

Sorry for the late reply Lily,

To give a idea, if i set my hand onthe  wasd, i can reach qe, f, and c with easeand using my palm i can kinda smack the spacebar.

If i stretch my hand i canreach r, v, and x. to hit any number keys or F keys i hate to take my hands completely off the movement.

Wheni got the naga my issue was i could move the mouse but if i tryed to thumb any of the keys i generally had to gravitate most of my hand to its right side and ended up not being able to...well, mouse.

Ive looked at the Logitech G600 sence i was told its easier to use but ive also heard its larger.

Hiddenfee

Hiddenfee

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Just get a Razer Naga (epic) and all you need is a thumb.

Razer Naga

http://www.razerzone...ice/razer-naga/

Razer Naga Epic

http://www.razerzone...azer-naga-epic/

hgsignature.png

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

What I do is use my normal FPS mouse and use the up and down thumb buttons to change the skill bar from even to odd and back. I have copied the skill bars so that every even bar (2 and 4) and every odd bar (1 and 3) have the same skills on them. I just flip from one bar to the other and fire off skills normally from 1 to 5.

The secondary and tertiary skill bars aren't changable, so they hold my buffs or other static or special skills.

rozenryme

rozenryme

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

What I do is use my normal FPS mouse and use the up and down thumb buttons to change the skill bar from even to odd and back. I have copied the skill bars so that every even bar (2 and 4) and every odd bar (1 and 3) have the same skills on them. I just flip from one bar to the other and fire off skills normally from 1 to 5.

The secondary and tertiary skill bars aren't changable, so they hold my buffs or other static or special skills.

Thank you, that actually sounds very viable for me. Would it be viable to switch the keys round so i had qerfxcv open to use for skills? i noticed that there are six movement keys, for some games i could cut 2 of those off but this one probably not due to needing the turning for flight and boats.

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thank you, that actually sounds very viable for me. Would it be viable to switch the keys round so i had qerfxcv open to use for skills? i noticed that there are six movement keys, for some games i could cut 2 of those off but this one probably not due to needing the turning for flight and boats.

I've never used the extra 2 direction keys in AA, just the normal 4 with right click to make the extra 2 directions happen.

Locket

Locket

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I have the same issue as you. I use a controller + xpadder. People can give me grief about it all day. I have around 40 hotkeys and I play just like everyone else only I move a lot easier. :3 If that interests you, give me a message and I can walk you through it. Given this tutorial to many ^-^

♪ ♥ Locket x Zeval ♥ ♪

LocketS2_zps4865ac2e.gif

♪ ♥ NA/EU Player ♥ ♪

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Sorry for the late reply Lily,

To give a idea, if i set my hand onthe  wasd, i can reach qe, f, and c with easeand using my palm i can kinda smack the spacebar.

If i stretch my hand i canreach r, v, and x. to hit any number keys or F keys i hate to take my hands completely off the movement.

Wheni got the naga my issue was i could move the mouse but if i tryed to thumb any of the keys i generally had to gravitate most of my hand to its right side and ended up not being able to...well, mouse.

Ive looked at the Logitech G600 sence i was told its easier to use but ive also heard its larger.

Here are my keybinds

1:2:3:4:5:R:F:T:Z:X:V:`  = Main Bar

Shift+Main Hotkeys       = Second Bar

Thumb 1:Thumb2         = High Priority Skills (sheild bash for interupt/precision strike for backstab)

Shift Thumb 1&2           = High Priority Defense Skills (Invictible/Mount Sprint)

Ctrl+ Q:Ctrl+ E              = CC Break / Heal (bondbreaker and scream of life)

Run all extra hotbars so you dont have to cycle through the main 4.  and just turn your UI to 80%.  Looks very clean.
You can even move the bars around to look cool ^_^.  I have certain skill icons floating around my character to always know the CD's

I have small hands as well, but i move faster then koreans in starcraft 1.  Naga thumbers cant compare to my APM!!!

Hope this gives you an idea.

ienBipi.jpg

Signature done by SureikaN

Formerly known as "Malak" from R30's, Sin, Blackguard

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build