XLGAMES' first creation was a racing MMO called XL1.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Sandbox MMORPGs similar to CU?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Painbringer7

Painbringer7

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I like Camelot Unchained's no auction house feature and their hardcore/ "Popcorn crafting" split is a cool idea. What I do not like is that there will be no PVE content......a MMORPG without atleast some PVE? I understand that getting rid of monster drop items automatically cuts botting, but come on!  

I like that Archeage has the continents separated by water which requires players to set sail (with a ship they built) in order to explore other lands.  And the trade pack system is awsome. What I don't like is the auction house, the theme park feel of half the game; the wimpy low risk PvP and the RNG crafting.

I have looked alittle bit for a modern swords and magic Sandbox MMORPG with PvP and Camelot Unchained is just not quite what I want (Plus I do not know how PvP works exactly in this game but from what I read players just kill each other for xp not loot).

Any suggestions? Thanks

Luxeraph

Luxeraph

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hm, the way you're describing it sounds awesome, pretty much EVE but fantasy instead(with a little less pve) only trouble I can see is at the very beginning but if they can group same level people to pvp at those levels it'll be fine and for some reason all I can think about when thinking of a MMORPG without any PVE is something like titanfall a FPS without solo campaign, gonna go check this out.