ArcheAgeSource.com is hosted on a server located near Atlanta.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An Honest Review of AA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

KOOPA

KOOPA

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Greetings people of planet earth. I, Koopa, have come to reveal my honest view of AA thus far.

What you are about to behold is.... an opinion.

Leveling my first char from 1-50 was mostly a bland experience despite being a challenge to solo, but it did have moments of interest. However, I never really caught wind of the actual story/lore as I was in a rush to see the glorious sandbox that awaited me post-max level. This sandbox, thus far, is nowhere to be found. What I currently see is another immensely vast grind to attain anything that is advertised to make the game appear as the ultimate sandbox experience.

It is like being a Window Shopper, walking around and looking at all of those nice things that you will never have the cash to afford or time to acquire.

One of the most disappointing things I came upon after reaching level 50 were the dailies. I died a little inside when I realized that the currency(Gilda Stars) required to enjoy this ultimate fantasy sandbox game would mostly rely on daily quests to be completed. Daily quests can turn an MMO into a job void of any enjoyment.

Ultimately, a lot of my gripe with AA is a result of patch 1.0 and beyond.

Welp, that's all folks! I still have hope that Trion can turn this game into a ground-breaking, revolutionary MMO for us Westerners.

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Welcome to the new themepark... oh wait I don't hang around here anymore!

Weasel

Weasel

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I have a similar opinion but, i dont see any way to improve it, without changing the cash shop model

RossJD

RossJD

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

i look forward to it

Rhime

Rhime

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Greetings people of planet earth. I, Koopa, have come to reveal my honest view of AA thus far.

What you are about to behold is.... an opinion.

Leveling my first char from 1-50 was mostly a bland experience despite being a challenge to solo, but it did have moments of interest. However, I never really caught wind of the actual story/lore as I was in a rush to see the glorious sandbox that awaited me post-max level. This sandbox, thus far, is nowhere to be found. What I currently see is another immensely vast grind to attain anything that is advertised to make the game appear as the ultimate sandbox experience.

It is like being a Window Shopper, walking around and looking at all of those nice things that you will never have the cash to afford or time to acquire.

One of the most disappointing things I came upon after reaching level 50 were the dailies. I died a little inside when I realized that the currency(Gilda Stars) required to enjoy this ultimate fantasy sandbox game would mostly rely on daily quests to be completed. Daily quests can turn an MMO into a job void of any enjoyment.

Ultimately, a lot of my gripe with AA is a result of patch 1.0 and beyond.

Welp, that's all folks! I still have hope that Trion can turn this game into a ground-breaking, revolutionary MMO for us Westerners.

LOL..you call that a review? Lame....