There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Two questions!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

-overlord-

-overlord-

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Here is two questions which i like to get answer :rolleyes:

Is there a skill cap? I mean you cant get all the skills to the top one character? Like in Ultima Online (not all shards). I think it is stupid if one character can be master of all skills.

Will there be roleplaying server?

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Not sure about skill cap, but since you got 120 class combinations...

Roleplaying servers are something the publisher of a region defines or the player base itself flags some servers for RP.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Labi

Labi

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I don't understand puting a lable on a server like rp.. half the people on them don't rp. Just find a grp on a server that does they are everywhere.

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Indeed most people in RP servers are just people fed up with kids using leet and flaming eachother on chat though. Roleplaying is seen as the devil by kids so they avoid those servers.

Only real roleplay I've seen in RP servers was probably first week of RIFT on RP server (RP-PvP was strictly a No-RP server from start till present day)

Shinaji

Shinaji

The Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Yes there is a cap to how many skill points you can have for one class.
So if you pick calling, say you'd need 200 points to get all the skills you might only get 100. (This is just an example.)
It was mentioned in an interview before that you wouldn't have enough points to unlock ALL the skills in a class at the same time, you'd choose the ones you liked.
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song

“Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Azhidaahaka

Azhidaahaka

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Well from the research I've done on the game so far, you choose your three abilities when you create your character and you gain 1 skill point every two levels. I can't remember what the max level for the game is, but for some reason I want to say it's somewhere around level 40, someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Each ability gives you around 14 skills to choose from so each character will have around 42 skills (approximately) to choose from and maybe somewhere around 20 skill points to work with depending on the level cap/etc.

Granted I could be wrong on some of this info and the info I've seen is also probably subject to change by the time the game is released, but that is at least approximately how it will work.

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Max level is 50 from what I recall. So about 25 skills points.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Each ability has 12 skills and 3-5 upgrades on certain things (couldn't exactly tell what they were because they were in Korean ><). As you level up you can pay some money to level up learned skills. You also get 1 skill point to spend on a new skill or an upgrade every 2 levels as Eligor said, but I read somewhere that after either lvl 25 or 30 you get a skill point every level. Max level is 50 (though you could only really get to lvl 30 in CBT3 and I only saw 1 person that high, most got to 20-27).

You can train all of the abilities, but you can only use 3 of the 12 abilities at one time and you have to pay them money it costs to upgrade all the skills again even if you only changed 1 ability trait. (pretty stupid, but there's a chance it'll be changed)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users