You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Desert to officially launch July 14th with a Mega Server

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Over in Korea BD will officially launch on July 14th. With this launch PA and Daum will be launching a Mega server, thus unifying all the servers into ONE server. This server will have different instances (channels) that will be up at the same time, and players will be able to move freely between the instances. This isn't a surprise as PA always wanted to have one Mega Server. 

Housing, Land, and, Farming will be phased but still connected to the open world. Thus everyone will have the room to build a house and farm land. Thus players won't have to worry about losing their land due to server merges in the future.  

Open Beta players will have their characters moved over to the new mega server when BDO officially launches on July 14th. But players with characters that exceed the character slot limit will have their highest lvl with the most progress will be moved over the the new server first. Cash shop Currency (Pearl Store Items) will be refunded. Castles and GVG will be reset.

Other Notes

- There will be a new expansion called Valencia coming in at launch. Valencia will be a huge land mass to the north east of Media, with new open world bosses, new castles to siege, new open dungeons, and mobs for players lvl 60+.

Land mass of Valencia will be huge

- The soft lvl cap will be risen to lvl 60. 

- Players can no longer PK under level 50 even if they are war with that enemy guild.

- Major class balances. 

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Good news.

Now if we can just get some dates for the other side of the world!

"We need to enhance our security..."

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Good luck getting any news out of Korea on when BD's coming to America. No one's talking. I've tried.

Maybe in a couple more months when Korea's settled.

Nynx

Nynx

Time Traveler?

• Members
  • PipPip

Good luck getting any news out of Korea on when BD's coming to America. No one's talking. I've tried.

Maybe in a couple more months when Korea's settled.

When will we see a blackdesertsource.com?

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Good question Admin. Did you decide against doing one?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Good question Admin. Did you decide against doing one?

There's already a well-established BD fansite and I've only just recently noticed the first job opening at Daum-Kakao specifically tailored to marketing BD in Europe and America. There's almost 150 applicants to the job right now, probably people just like you or me who are excited to see the game finally make it overseas.

If I manage to make a contact at the EU/NA arm of Daum-Kakao, I'll probably make a fansite. Might be a while though.

In the meantime I redesigned my personal website, MarkWilhelm.com. :3

Nynx

Nynx

Time Traveler?

• Members
  • PipPip

In the meantime I redesigned my personal website, MarkWilhelm.com. :3

Looks great! Love the logo.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Looks great! Love the logo.

Thanks. :3

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Unfortunately there is already a big well established fan website supported by 2p.com. Although I wish there was another as all the forum posters there wine, bitch and complain about the game. 

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Anyways BDO was suppose to launch on July 14th, but due to the massive down time it took to create the megaserver. There is just now 1 server with 25 instances. All the English speaking players are playing on instance #3.

So the Valencia update and official launch was pushed backed to July 23rd. 

The Valencia update will feature a huge new map to the north east of Media, that will feature, new open world bosses, new castles to siege, new open dungeons, and mobs for players lvl 60+. Players are looking forward to the group content and PvE activities, as BDO is currently light on these things.

The Valencia Trailer Part 1

Also the update will feature a new class called "The Kunoichi" (Female Ninja) which is revealed during the last few seconds of the 2nd trailer below.

The Valencia Trailer Part 2

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Unfortunately there is already a big well established fan website supported by 2p.com. Although I wish there was another as all the forum posters there wine, bitch and complain about the game. 

That website started a long time ago and used a domain name that made it unclear as to whether it was endorsed or not.

2P is a Korean gaming network if I understand correctly (please let me know if I'm wrong).

Most of the community members there have issues with using proper English grammar, which itself is not a huge problem. When poor grammar is combined with certain mentalities, discourse can be difficult to comprehend. What I'm trying to say is the quality of the community there is somewhat difficult to quantify, but I'd say it's not as good as I hoped it would be.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Anyways BDO was suppose to launch on July 14th, but due to the massive down time it took to create the megaserver. There is just now 1 server with 25 instances. All the English speaking players are playing on instance #3.

So the Valencia update and official launch was pushed backed to July 23rd. 

The Valencia update will feature a huge new map to the north east of Media, that will feature, new open world bosses, new castles to siege, new open dungeons, and mobs for players lvl 60+. Players are looking forward to the group content and PvE activities, as BDO is currently light on these things.

The Valencia Trailer Part 1

Also the update will feature a new class called "The Kunoichi" (Female Ninja) which is revealed during the last few seconds of the 2nd trailer below.

The Valencia Trailer Part 2

As far as MMO videos go, that first one is rad as heck. It's the kind of video I would show to someone who doesn't play games.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
It is a little difficult to read the intent of some of the posters over there, save for a few that are extremely harsh, including a former rabble rouser from these fine pages. My primary dislike is the lack of any meaningful information, but I suppose that has more to do with Daum and Pearl Abyss.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

It is a little difficult to read the intent of some of the posters over there, save for a few that are extremely harsh, including a former rabble rouser from these fine pages. My primary dislike is the lack of any meaningful information, but I suppose that has more to do with Daum and Pearl Abyss.

I think it has a lot to do with the quality of translations and level of English proficiency/care. I don't want to sound prejudiced, but I don't think the fine folks who run that website are native English speakers.

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

BDO's newest class launched today in Korea. "The Kunoichi" (female ninja). She doesn't attack as hard as the other classes but she makes it up with her speed, stealth, and cunning. Using a short sword in one hand and Shuriken attacks in the other to kill enemies at long range.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Daum also opened their new offices in Amsterdam I believe. Was it always their intention to have a European and a North American office, or do they plan on handling the NA/EU platform from the EU?

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Daum also opened their new offices in Amsterdam I believe. Was it always their intention to have a European and a North American office, or do they plan on handling the NA/EU platform from the EU?

They plan on having a NA office as well, and DAUM says they are real close, so they hope to only have a short delay between Euro and NA launch. 

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Oh speaking of that other fansite, they sat down with DAUM's new western Community Manager Oli, and asked him about DAUM's plan with the western version of BD.

Community Manager Oli has revealed that the English version of its action-strategy MMORPG Black Desert will be playable this year. After opening the first EU office last week, Oli reveals that the future EU server has just been received. Now the current focus is on making the teaser site and localizing the rough playable internal build that’s currently available. On the topic of localization, Oli said the community will be asked to look out for any localization mistakes once the early test build is out. “We want to avoid at all cost the bad impression left by other Korean game companies that bring their games to the west with quality standards that don’t match the expectations of US/EU players,” he added.

Regarding exactly when the alpha and beta tests of the English version of Black Desert will arrive, Oli could only say the following: “Note that prior to the Alpha, there will be an early test version of the game but I need to ask players to be a bit more patient about the specifics of when the Alpha or Beta will start this year.”

Oli also said that the aim is to get the European and North American versions of the game launched at the same time but notes that there might be a slight delay, due to no office in NA yet.  He also confirms that there will be no differences between the European and North American versions other than the languages required for the European version.

As to the difference between the English version and the Korean version of Black Desert, all that Oli could say was that “we are giving a particular attention to the feedback from the US/EU players who played the Korean version so we constantly keep their expectations in mind regarding every BDO US/EU topics.”

Finally, DirectX12 and virtual reality support for Black Desert are being seriously considered but nothing is concrete right now.

Source 

http://black-desert....ty-manager-oli/

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The Russian Version will have a CBT starting Sept. 15th though to the 21st, and then have an open beta.

The Russian Beta will feature :

- Starting out 5 classes: Warrior, Giant, Sorceress, Ranger and Beast Master.

- PvP now accessible starting from Level 30.

- The number of guilds to which you can declare War has been increased to 6 at a time.

- The price for declaring War to another Guild and the timer of the War has been balanced.

- New Open World Bosses.

- A limited trading system between players.

- An improved user interface.

- A smoother levelling curve.

- A modified mega server channel system.

- A changed karma system.

- Players won’t gain negative karma any more for hitting another players, but they will still get -100.000 karma for killing one (the maximum number of negative karma being 300.000). The amount of karma will now directly affect the extent of experience, items and grade of the equipment loss upon dying.

- There will be a F2P and a P2P server.

- F2P - has a cash shop ( real money ) with items that don't ruin the balance, like in Korea.

- P2P - has also a cash shop ( but will use in-game money ), will have things for customization but with out stats.

- You can buy founders packs that grants you access to all testing phases of the game and early access to the final version of the game even on the P2P server.

- Founders packs will add an option to buy permanent access to P2P server.