Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Artistry skill tree.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
~

Posted Image
Lvl 1; CT 1.5s; CD 3s; range 0~25m
Deals damage on target.

Combos:
-[Target under "charm" effect]: confuses the target (same effect as fear, ie victim will run around).

Posted Image
Lvl 2; CT instant; CD 12s; range 0~20m
Inflicts paralysis for some seconds on target and adds the "charmed" effect.

Posted Image
Lvl 6; CT instant; CD 4s; range self
Song, AoE, for 15s, increase movement speed of caster and allies in a 15m radius around the caster. The longer the song is played, the better the effect. Will be cancelled if caster use another skill.

Combos:
-[Charmed target]: Reduces movement speed.

Posted Image
Lvl 10; CT 1.5s; CD 18s; range 0~25m
Reduces target's melee damage by 40%. Effect last for few seconds, victim is damaged when effect wears off.

Combos:
-[Charmed target]: damage increased by 70%.

Posted Image
Lvl 14; CT instant; CD 4s; range self
Song, AoE, for 15s continually heals HP and MP of targets and caster in a 15m radius. The longer the song is played, the better the effect. Will be cancelled if caster use another skill. MP recovery effect is only added at rank 3 of this skill.

Combos:
-[Charmed target]: will continually loose HP (magical damage).

Posted Image
Lvl 18; CT 1.5s; CD 6s; range 0~30m
Gives a buff that decrease casting time for 30mn.

Posted Image
Lvl 22; CT 3s; CD 1mn; range self
AoE, sings for 10s, and put ennemies in range to sleep for 20s.

Posted Image
Lvl 26; CT instant; CD 4s; range self
Song, for 15s increases attack (both physical and magical apparently) of allies and caster in a 15m radius. The longer the song is played, the better the effect. Will be cancelled if caster use another skill.

Combos:
-[Charmed target]: decreases victim's attack.

Posted Image
Lvl 29; CT 1.5s; CD 7s; range 0~30m
Buff that increases Intelligence of target for some minutes.

Posted Image
Lvl 32; CT instant; CD 4s; range self
Song, for 15s increases defense (both physical and magical apparently) of allies and caster in a 15m radius. The longer the song is played, the better the effect. Will be cancelled if caster use another skill.

Combos:
-[Charmed target]: decreases victim's defense.

Posted Image
Lvl 35; CT 2s; CD 30s; range self
AoE, Sends a shock wave that deals damage and push back ennemies.

Combos:
-[slowed/snared target]: damage increased by 50%.

Posted Image
Lvl 41; CT 5s; CD 1mn; range self
Creates a "non-fight" zone where no agressive actions can be taken. Shuts down combats that were ongoing in the area.

Passive skills

Posted Image
Lvl 10
Cast time delays when hit is decreased.

Posted Image
Lvl 20
When player successfully lands a magical crit attack, he will receive a buff that increase his magical crit rate by 4, and his magical crit damage by 2 or 4.

Posted Image
Lvl 30
Increase the range of songs' effect to 25m.

Posted Image
Lvl 40
Musical instruments' cooldown is reduced by 50% (description isn't quite clear but I'm guessing it applies to all skills that requires instruments?).

Video

Didn't find any complete and up-to-date video for this tree. If you find one, please do link it. Thanks!

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thank you! Looks pretty close to typical 'Bard' skills and that can be a good thing!

Tribute

Tribute

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I'm guessing one of the more rarer class skill trees?
The Elves had a prophecy about the expedition to the land of origins, which they termed "Ishtari".

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'm guessing one of the more rarer class skill trees?

Actually, there were some statistics on the official website weeks ago that claimed Devotion was the rarest, with only 0,02% of the player population using it. It might be outdated now though, but still...

Laetitian

Laetitian

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Now, Amaterasu, what set of trees are you playing? =)

I still don't know if my healer should be a Bodyguard, or a Priest?

Willpower, as you already phrased it, is perfectly inevitable for its Charges, the Dispel-Debuffs-Spell and the Sacrifice-HP-For-MP.
Devotion is obligatory.
So these are needed and now in order to decide, whether Artistry or Fortification fits a useful healer better:

Here in this tree I find four to five spells that I could actually make use of in PvP. [5, 6, 7, 8, 9, MAYBE 10] Also, I favour 12 highly.
But all of them which are songs, only make sense in actually huge battles. Because I will only ever make use of songs, if there are more than ~5-10 people around me who profit of them.

I imagine, in Fortification I could find a greater pool of useful abilities and am rather positive that the passives there are way better.
I would really appreciate your opinion on these two options =)

Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Now, Amaterasu, what set of trees are you playing? =)

I still don't know if my healer should be a Bodyguard, or a Priest?

Willpower, as you already phrased it, is perfectly inevitable for its Charges, the Dispel-Debuffs-Spell and the Sacrifice-HP-For-MP.
Devotion is obligatory.
So these are needed and now in order to decide, whether Artistry or Fortification fits a useful healer better:

Here in this tree I find four to five spells that I could actually make use of in PvP. [5, 6, 7, 8, 9, MAYBE 10] Also, I favour 12 highly.
But all of them which are songs, only make sense in actually huge battles. Because I will only ever make use of songs, if there are more than ~5-10 people around me who profit of them.

I imagine, in Fortification I could find a greater pool of useful abilities and am rather positive that the passives there are way better.
I would really appreciate your opinion on these two options =)

I use Devotion/Will/Conjury. I tried the Priest build in CBT3, I didn't like it that much. The songs were worthless to me because you can't heal+have a song. Some of the skills are good (cast time passive, intelligence buff, the instant paralysis), but I weighted the pros and cons and ended up preferring to have CCs and dispells.
I don't know how fortification would work. It probably combines well with Will, but it has mainly melee skills. Might be easier to get an idea when I translate the skills (lazy to do that right now :< )

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Only 2x longer term buffs?

1. Gives a buff that decrease casting time for 30mn.2. Buff that increases Intelligence of target for some minutes.
And nothing for physical DPS? Posted Image

I was expecting some nice long term buffs from this tree...

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

1. Gives a buff that decrease casting time for 30mn.2. Buff that increases Intelligence of target for some minutes.
And nothing for physical DPS? Posted Image

Lvl 26 skill is for both magical and physical attack.

Laetitian

Laetitian

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I use Devotion/Will/Conjury.

Argh. When I just read this, I remembered that you had already written about your build in the very link I had provided. Sorry =&

I tried the Priest build in CBT3, I didn't like it that much. The songs were worthless to me because you can't heal+have a song. Some of the skills are good (cast time passive, intelligence buff, the instant paralysis), but I weighted the pros and cons and ended up preferring to have CCs and dispells.

I figured the same thing about Artistry. But I'd to anything against having to pair offensive with supportive magic.

I don't know how fortification would work. It probably combines well with Will, but it has manly melee skills. Might be easier to get an idea when I translate the skills (lazy to do that right now :< )

Spoiler

Since I wonder to the same level, I'll have a good look at the link to the Korean original skills-summary you posted somewhere and see what I can find out myself. If the outcome seems to be correct enough, I'll put it down. I need to have a short rest anyway =)

And nothing for physical DPS? :(

Indeed, but by no definition a long term buff =)

Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Wow did I just type manly instead of mainly? Best typo ever in that context. *Edits*

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

But not a long term buff, only for 15 sec...Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

But not a long term buff, only for 15 sec...Posted Image

Actually, it can last more than that since the CD is shorter. But maybe I didn't make it clear enough, the songs work like an aura or mantra. And as I put in the description, the longer the caster keeps it up, the better the effect.
So if you have a dedicated buffer, he should starts another song as soon as the first ends, for a better buff. Don't know how good it scales, but if he keeps playing for a long time we could expect a good buff?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Actually, it can last more than that since the CD is shorter. But maybe I didn't make it clear enough, the songs work like an aura or mantra. And as I put in the description, the longer the caster keeps it up, the better the effect.
So if you have a dedicated buffer, he should starts another song as soon as the first ends, for a better buff. Don't know how good it scales, but if he keeps playing for a long time we could expect a good buff?

Aaaaaa that sounds better, from ur description i thought that playing it longer effect the buffs power (lets say instead of 20% attack, it will be 30%) and not the duration.
So how is it works actually?
1st play and for 15 duration +x% Attack,
2nd play and 30s duration +2*x% Attack? or some other math?

OGuz

OGuz

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
This is how you can use this skill tree in real life :D

Bard class own irl :D
Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Oops, I need to update this tree, but i'm soooo lazy. In a nutshell, they removed the lvl 41 skill and added an anti-knockdown/sleep song.

Aaaaaa that sounds better, from ur description i thought that playing it longer effect the buffs power (lets say instead of 20% attack, it will be 30%) and not the duration.
So how is it works actually?
1st play and for 15 duration +x% Attack,
2nd play and 30s duration +2*x% Attack? or some other math?

It's the buff power that increases the longer you play the song, not the duration.
So first play for 15s + X% value then the 2nd time for 15s again but the X value is higher.
Not sure what are the exact values though. When I hovered on the icon of the speed song some weeks ago, it said "between 16~32%". Guessing 32% was the max speed you could get from playing the same song for a while.

Cordecks

Cordecks

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
With devotion being a healing tree then I'm sure it will be used a lot more once game is out. In beta rarely are huge groups going to go on and most single players would pick a dps tree because it will be easier for them to explore with.

Has anyone found a good combo with this tree? I can't seem to see anything it would fit with, but I like the concept of a "bard" build.

Also how well do you think this will fit in to sieges, single groups, or raids?

-Cordecks
"Even if armed with hundreds of weapons... there are times when you just can't beat a man with a spear of conviction in his gut."

Posted Image

“I don’t care who my enemy is. If my arms get ripped off, I’ll just kick him to death. If my legs get ripped off, I’ll just bite him to death. If my head gets ripped off, I’ll just stare him to death. And if my eyes get ripped out, I’ll just curse him to death!”

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Has anyone found a good combo with this tree? I can't seem to see anything it would fit with, but I like the concept of a "bard" build.

Well I saw it being used in 2 different ways:
-Full support, whereas the one with artistry would spend the whole time casting buffs and not doing anything else (or the buffs would vanish).
-With Magic and Death trees. Mainly because of the lvl 2 skill and the lvl 20 passive, which combined with the passives of Death, enhances magical crits by a huuuge amount. In fact they had to nerf it, because players were dishing ridiculous amounts of damage such as 13k at lvl20-ish (got a screenshot of this somewhere...gotta find it), which was essentially instant kill for anything they came across.
It's still very powerfull even after the nerf though.

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

-With Magic and Death trees. Mainly because of the lvl 2 skill and the lvl 20 passive, which combined with the passives of Death, enhances magical crits by a huuuge amount. In fact they had to nerf it, because players were dishing ridiculous amounts of damage such as 13k at lvl20-ish (got a screenshot of this somewhere...gotta find it), which was essentially instant kill for anything they came across.
It's still very powerfull even after the nerf though.

I am going to be mage, and of course I am sticking with Death and Magic for sure. I never even considered Devotion tree until now. I was almost solid on Death, Magic, Fortification. (having a high damage dealer with high survive-ability.) But in Magic, Death, Devotion I for sure won't have as high of survive-ability, but will have a great damage dealer plus heals. Very confused which I should roll. I've been set on my original trees for 3+ months. (probably gonna stick to original). What do you think?

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I am going to be mage, and of course I am sticking with Death and Magic for sure. I never even considered Devotion tree until now. I was almost solid on Death, Magic, Fortification. (having a high damage dealer with high survive-ability.) But in Magic, Death, Devotion I for sure won't have as high of survive-ability, but will have a great damage dealer plus heals. Very confused which I should roll. I've been set on my original trees for 3+ months. (probably gonna stick to original). What do you think?

I don't get why you mention Devotion, as we're talking about Artistry in this thread? Lapsus or are we going off-topic? :D

But for the sake of going off-topic, I would remind that Devotion without Will = not so good healing ouput. It can work if you pick the right skills (the instant HoT and the "Healing kisses" for example :wub: ), but you will definetely need a dedicated healer in your team, you won't be "enough" on your own.

Ever thought of picking Will over Fortification too? Fortification is better suited for melees imo, and you need a shield for most skills. Of course you could a shield+1h wand and use the short ranged CC for self-defense (stun/melee silence/grab, etc) aswell as the buffs, but it's more of a "tanking" tree. It's better suited for classes that WANT to get hit, something a mage class would never want? Except if you decide to wear heavy armour but that's another debate.
Whereas Will allow to kite/run away easier, with blink, sleep. And you get MP utility skills, protection against silence/stun (you're gonna need...I know for a fact, since I played a melee build with LOADS of CCs, how easy it is to completely disable a mage class :D ), and also decent passives for a mage.

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Haha I meant Artistry, I am trying to get info together to put up on the wiki and at the time I was doing the devotion tree as I was typing that haha! But thanks for all the good advice. I tried the fortification tree out btw and it looks pretty solid. I know most skills are for shields, but some skills don't require one. Here is my build: (the cala. is doing a weird thing were it only links 1 tree at a time). Thanks for your advice :D
Fort: here

Death: here
1.Vamparism
2.Window to Hell
3.Mana Theft
4.Telekinesis
5.Vengeful Cover
6.Silence
7.Energy Control

Magic: here

Edit: since the death link doesn't work i added all the skills to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users