There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New fansite

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Greetings.

I have set up a fansite and forum at : http://site.priv.no/shout/php.

I also sent a request to business XL game to be listed as a fansite.

A week has gone without answer, so I wonder if I did it the proper way?

regards

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Greetings.

I have set up a fansite and forum at : http://site.priv.no/shout/php.

I also sent a request to business XL game to be listed as a fansite.

A week has gone without answer, so I wonder if I did it the proper way?

regards

The site doesnt excist, u made a typo with /.php
http://site.priv.no/shout.php

I think the fansite needs to have some activity, to be listed on XL.
Btw i advice you the check the code on the main page, because im getting some errors, it doesnt fit on my screen 1600*1050, and i have to scroll to the right to see some texts. Forum part is working fine.

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

The site doesnt excist, u made a typo with /.php
http://site.priv.no/shout.php

I think the fansite needs to have some activity, to be listed on XL.
Btw i advice you the check the code on the main page, because im getting some errors, it doesnt fit on my screen 1600*1050, and i have to scroll to the right to see some texts. Forum part is working fine.

Thank You for the feedback.

I was correcting an error at mainsite probably why the link didnt work, for some seconds.

The site is for 1900x1200. I might make it more dynamic regarding screen solutions but not at present.

Regarding activities, my thought was that if site is listed at uk site of XL Games, more of my countrymen would discover it..ie. more traffic.

Some letters on page are special outside ascii so it might possibly give some viewers errors regarding few letters used.

Thanks again and hopefully this game will someday reach Europe :-)

regards

Gavax

Gavax

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
guys , only me think this game will be released only in 2013? >.<

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The site is for 1900x1200. I might make it more dynamic regarding screen solutions but not at present.

You do know not everyone has a resolution of that size, 1920x1080 would be vastly more common. And even that would exclude many people.
A more accessible width might be 1028 or such.

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

You do know not everyone has a resolution of that size, 1920x1080 would be vastly more common. And even that would exclude many people.
A more accessible width might be 1028 or such.

hi.

In my country, those who plays mmo have used 1920x1200 or larger for several years now, gaming on their stationary computer.

On the laptop though, a lesser resolution will be better as You suggest.

Ive set up at site and forum. If the uk site of AA see it fit to list me as a fansite, Ill do more details thereafter.

regards

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

In my country, those who plays mmo have used 1920x1200

Funniest thing I've read here in a while.

Posted Image

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Funniest thing I've read here in a while.

Well, that might be funny in Your ears, but I do statistics every year of several thousands peoples and pupils of their IT equipment and general knowledge of IT.

regards

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well, that might be funny in Your ears, but I do statistics every year of several thousands peoples and pupils of their IT equipment and general knowledge of IT.

regards

The following was extracted rom the relevant section of the Steam Jan 2012 Hardware user survey. cf:
http://en.wikipedia....play_resolution
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

1280x1024 Steam 10.39% Web 7.81%
1680x1050 Steam 17.37% Web 3.72%
1920x1080 Steam 25.15% Web 4.50%
1920x1200 Steam 7.75% Web 1.07%

Notes
The Steam user statistics were gathered from users of the Steam network in its hardware survey of January 2012.[6]
The web user statistics were gathered from visitors to three million websites, normalised to counteract geolocational bias. Covers the three month period from November 2011 to January 2012.[7]
The numbers are not representative of computer users in general.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
So take from that what you will.

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

The following was extracted rom the relevant section of the Steam Jan 2012 Hardware user survey. cf:
http://en.wikipedia....play_resolution
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

1280x1024 Steam 10.39% Web 7.81%
1680x1050 Steam 17.37% Web 3.72%
1920x1080 Steam 25.15% Web 4.50%
1920x1200 Steam 7.75% Web 1.07%

Notes
The Steam user statistics were gathered from users of the Steam network in its hardware survey of January 2012.[6]
The web user statistics were gathered from visitors to three million websites, normalised to counteract geolocational bias. Covers the three month period from November 2011 to January 2012.[7]
The numbers are not representative of computer users in general.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
So take from that what you will.

Surely a good statistic for the Steam users as You point out.

My statistics are from pupils and their parents of 20 schools in my homecountry, approx 5000 pupils and their parents. Thats what my previous post is based on.
The amount of participants is enough to give representative numbers of rest of the population.

Today its difficult to find a stationary pc , and monitors, without possibillities of 1920x1200. Thats of coarse depending of echonomic conditions within each country.
You might also want to look at the total sale numbers within electronics and computers to confirm that.

For the laptops its another case.
In my country nearly 100% (thats the goal of our goverment, which goals they have nearly fullfilled) of the pupils get their own laptop free of charge when they attend highscool and during their stay in school.
This is, as another poster stated, of much lesser screen resolution.

So, to my vague programming experiences, Im thinking of using tables and some kind of scalable function of pictures. I just have to find a way to achieve the last part.

regards

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
It's still funny that you prefer basing yourself on barely-acceptable and approximate statistics instead of spending a day learning proper CSS and make everyone else happy.

So, to my vague programming experiences, Im thinking of using tables and some kind of scalable function of pictures. I just have to find a way to achieve the last part.

Center a div and put it's width to 960px. Then just place your content in there, you just solved 200% of all your problems.

Then just set an image on your background with this if you really need a scale factor:

http://nooshu.com/jq...ackground-image

Posted Image

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Gator all sites shall be optimized at minimum for 1280 pixels wide. Preferably 1024 because a lot of tablet and netbook uses have crap like 1024x600, atd.

If you want a popular fansite, you need to make it good. As it stands now, it does not look good not work good.

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

It's still funny that you prefer basing yourself on barely-acceptable and approximate statistics instead of spending a day learning proper CSS and make everyone else happy.

Center a div and put it's width to 960px. Then just place your content in there, you just solved 200% of all your problems.

Then just set an image on your background with this if you really need a scale factor:

http://nooshu.com/jq...ackground-image

Thanks for the advice. I should be able to do that.

regards

Gator all sites shall be optimized at minimum for 1280 pixels wide. Preferably 1024 because a lot of tablet and netbook uses have crap like 1024x600, atd.

If you want a popular fansite, you need to make it good. As it stands now, it does not look good not work good.

Hello. thanks for helping me making the site better.

Could You clearify what doesnt look good?

regards

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
The title up there is bad colour. Too bleak, it should be more contrast, use some flame fonts and definitely anti-alliased fonts, this web looks like 1996 made with such a fonts. Next thing is the newsbox it is down there why? Why is there the gap between the top of the site and the box?

Next thing is the text on the right, it looks bad. Again bad colour choice and is is too wide, sometimes only one word fits per line, etc.

Also the background is one image that repeats and does not go from one to another fluently... eh. If you want some image as background, use static one, aka that will stay where it is no matter how you scroll, and that will cover the whole page...

Overall, put more work in to it. Right now it looks like a web-page I made after a wekk of my fist lesson of HTML coding when I was a little child on a 486DX.....

gator

gator

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

The title up there is bad colour. Too bleak, it should be more contrast, use some flame fonts and definitely anti-alliased fonts, this web looks like 1996 made with such a fonts. Next thing is the newsbox it is down there why? Why is there the gap between the top of the site and the box?

Next thing is the text on the right, it looks bad. Again bad colour choice and is is too wide, sometimes only one word fits per line, etc.

Also the background is one image that repeats and does not go from one to another fluently... eh. If you want some image as background, use static one, aka that will stay where it is no matter how you scroll, and that will cover the whole page...

Overall, put more work in to it. Right now it looks like a web-page I made after a wekk of my fist lesson of HTML coding when I was a little child on a 486DX.....

Regarding the title: I totally agree with You. Orginally I wanted somewhat you suggest, acctually similar gold. The gap between the newsbox has an absolute positon and should be as You say. The gap between top of page and newsbox is simply cause thereisnt anything else to view.

Regarding the bacground image.Perhaps a size of a backgroundimage within divs 960px width will do. Res of page could just be colored by a background color(?)
Ill check if the css has a nonrepeat option of divs. If so ill use it. (kindof float at top).

Regarding the text on right: I think I find an ancient scroll type of bacground and write with similar type of characters instead of the letters used today.
It probably will show as a picture instead of today's text.

Do You see any reason not to use the ,today's, backgroundpicture itself, modified in size?

regards

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
I will not discuss with you the progress of your web and how it should look like. Sorry I'm just not interested. Do not resize the background image, make it static, like the one on this very site you are reading now. I'm not a web-designer, so I can't really help you.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The easiest way to deal with backgrounds is to center them horizontally and use an optical illusion to overlap the background with the rest of the background color. Otherwise you can also use a pattern and repeat it to fill the screen.

Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Fading background and such, like what we do with our backgrounds, which reminds me to ask Admin for some money for making the mask!

PS. Kidding ofcourse, but that's the simplest way.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Sephrax

Sephrax

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
is it just me or is the site not working getting 404 site not found on both links

Taen: (Firran) Archeum Founder active in the Alpha

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

is it just me or is the site not working getting 404 site not found on both links

Probably took it down to tweak it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users