Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Source: ArcheAge-Online.de - Das Crafting

Professions Basics
The profession system in ArcheAge looks complex, currently there are 21 professions/jobs, which we can split into different categories like: gathering, crafting and other.

Labor Points
Each character has a certain number of "labor power points" or just "labor" in short, that are similar to an energy bar (located on top of the experience bar).

-_ArcheAge_-_Feb_22_2013_(025029)_%C3%83

By collecting, mining, manufacturing and processing materials these points are being used up until they are exhausted, and when they reach 0 points, your character will be unable to perform any of the activities listed before.

Labor points regenerate automatically. Five labor are restored every 5 minutes. This results in a maximum of 1440 labor per day. There are also object which can boost up labor points a bit, such as the bad bed (from season Update 1). Maximum a player can currently collect 5000 labor per account, it can be divided among the characters there by free choice.

The maximum amount of labor is determined by the level of the player's character and his accumulated experience in all professions.

Professions
berufe.jpg

1. Alchemy
Crafting of potions and flasks, catalyst for the construction, archium, dye for custom capes and sails and many other objects.

2. Handicraft
Crafting accessories (rings, earrings, necklace), baits for fishing and other magical artifacts.

3. Logging
Gathering of wood, special trees, branches and tree fruits.

4. Metal
Crafting plate armor, processing of various raw ores into bars, and others.

5. Masonry
Processing of raw stones, crafting of portal stones, preparing explosives.

6. Weaponcraft
Crafting of many different weapons and shields, cannon balls and other explosive charges.

7. Commerce
Crafting of trade packs (commercial boxes), auction house trading.

8. Construction
Building of houses and castles.

9. Husbandry
Livestock related: butchering, milking, plucking, mount breeding.

10. Gathering
Gathering herbs, picking fruits.

11. Printing
Decrypting/replicating of plans, decipherer of ancient documents, master of languages from all continents.

12. Tailoring
Crafting of cloth armor, processing of fabrics, wool and cotton.

13. Carpentry
Processing of wood, crafting of furniture, bows, staffs and fishing roods.

14. Cooking
Crafting of buff food and drinks.

15. Farming
Growing of crops, watering them, processing of cow manure to bio-fuel.

16. Machinery
Crafting of siege weapons, agricultural machines, boats, gliders.

17. Mining
Mining ore, processing of archium.

18. Leatherwork
Crafting of leather armor, processing of rawhide, designing bags from divers,

19. Larceny
Purchasing of foreign goods, harvesting "other" plants, degrading "other" trees.

20. Fishing
Catching fish.

21. Composing
Composing custom music (MIDI type).

Profession Levels
Every profession has it's level, which is defined in points (0-50.000), it can earn points and level up as you are using activities which describes a profession, all of these activities require labor points.

Profession levels by points:
0-10.000         -> Novice
10.000-20.000 -> Apprentice
20.000-30.000 -> Journeyman?
30.000-40.000 -> Expert
40.000-50.000 -> Master

Leveling up process for professions:
In order to get a profession to the next level, first you need to reach 10k points with the given profession, then two arrows will appear next to its name (look at the picture above, arrows down/up at nb 7.), clicking on the up arrow you take the profession to the next level, this applies up until the last level "Expert".

From the total of 21 professions, you can level up 5 to Apprentice level, from which 4 can be Journeyman level, from which 3 can be Expert level, and from which you can level up 2 to be Master level, per character.

Why do i need to level up professions?
When you have a profession on higher level, the labor consumption is less for the activities within that profession. In some cases new recipes will open up, to collect/mine certain resources a higher level of profession is needed, to craft certain things a higher level of profession is needed, to use certain items a higher level is needed as well. Also in case of gathering you have better chance of getting rare resources, in case of crafting you have a better chance to craft more rarer items. And there are some other perks as well.

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Seems about right.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
It's funnny how each skill icon looks 3p!c. In reality fishing is boring as fuck, and so is pretty much everything else. I jest of course.

Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Depends if you find standing around and waiting for a bar to fill up entertaining...

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Depends if you find standing around and waiting for a bar to fill up entertaining...

lol

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I agree that fishing is one of the most boring things to do, but sometimes its just the perfect solution, especially if you are timely limited, for example working on PC and you cant play, but you can check the game a few times, or if watching a movie, clicking a few times wont make you lose attention from stuffs you are doing, and as a positive thing you will get something in AA for not paying much attention to it..

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
How many professions can there be on 1 character? Do you need to lvl them seperatly or something?

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Based on the information provided so far, there is no exclusion regarding any of the professions. (I'll have to find the original source for you.) But I haven't seen any separate information explaining whether leveling of profession skills exists or how that system works.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

How many professions can there be on 1 character? Do you need to lvl them seperatly or something?

Cant find reliable info by using google translator on russian and koran sites. Somewhere it says that a character can max 2 professions, another claiming that he did math and aprox 3 months needed to max a profession, then some claiming its not limited how many professions can you have maxed...
We need feedback from people who are playing.

But I haven't seen any separate information explaining whether leveling of profession skills exists or how that system works.

You are leveling professions by doing certain actions which represents a job, every action will consume labor points (some actions 1, others 3 for example). 1 labor point is regenerated every 5 minutes (288 for each day) which can be used for action.

There is one thing what i understood, one person has to concentrate on one profession and organise the guild by that, since its time consuming to get them to max level.

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

For starters, I'd like to apologize for the translation, I did take some Korean lessons but stopped since I didn't have time with all the exams. Hence I had to translate to English and Japanese to make out some of the answers. Keep in mind some answers I could only partially translate and wrote down the general answer only.Korea Community Questions regarding Archeage:Q. What is this Monorail we hear about?A. The monorail is a type of transport used to move around the city. During Closed Beta Testing we introduced it in Mariano city, but will be in every city ingame. (There are also other means of transport, which you can see here http://www.archeage....ts/gameIntros/2)Q. Will monsters be able to raid cities or castles?A. Archeage offers various quests that can be done with other players in the same region, this is called "Common Quests". In the event of a monster invasion then repelling them will be a common quest.Q. How will Archeage work with instanced maps, will it feel like a single player game?A. Moving between maps in Archeage is seamless. Q. How does the game work since there isn't a class system?A. In Archeage, when creating a character, rather than picking a class you select three of the ten skill trees available. Depending on the combination you selected, your gameplay with differ. There are 120 possible combinations!Q. Is Archeage an easy game?A. Firstly, I would like to say that yes, it is an easy game. For example, the labour system if you want to build a house, it works a lot like real life. It is important to balance the way you play.Q. [b]What happened to the implementation of production jobs?[/b]A. In Archeage there are no crafting professions, it's all unified.Source: http://www.archeage....types/izuna/174

There's our answer from the developers regarding whether you can craft in just one profession or many. But as you point out below, there may be some caveats to overcome and it may not be time-efficient to level in all crafts.

Cant find reliable info by using google translator on russian and koran sites. Somewhere it says that a character can max 2 professions, another claiming that he did math and aprox 3 months needed to max a profession, then some claiming its not limited how many professions can you have maxed...
We need feedback from people who are playing.

You are leveling professions by doing certain actions which represents a job, every action will consume labor points (some actions 1, others 3 for example). 1 labor point is regenerated every 5 minutes (288 for each day) which can be used for action.

There is one thing what i understood, one person has to concentrate on one profession and organise the guild by that, since its time consuming to get them to max level.

This seems to be pretty consistent with the way the game is organized overall. I like the depth it affords, I just hope it doesn't feel too "grindy" in the end.

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
But the link on the other tread about crafting tells that guilds will need to tell members what items to specialize in. The post tells that you can't create a char that is a super crafter. So if all professions are unified how does that works?

For example is I want to specialize in melee weapons I will be able to make the best weapons after 3 months of crafting. Because I can craft the higherst tier and make the best upgrades, right? But if I am at that point can I still craft a nice castle wall myself or some nice potions, but not the best? If so, I won't be able to craft the best walls and potions because I spent to much points or something in weapons? So can you compare unified crafting to a feat tree when picking a class?

Veasna

Veasna

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The way I understood it working from what i've read so far is that you can run up all the professions but it would be very time consuming and impractical to do so. It's better to stick to less professions so you can be of more use to your guild.

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The way I understood it working from what i've read so far is that you can run up all the professions but it would be very time consuming and impractical to do so. It's better to stick to less professions so you can be of more use to your guild.

So far, Veasna's reasoning looks spot-on. That said, keep in mind that the post I quoted above is from an interview that is almost a year old, so something could have changed since then. All-in-all, there's no reason to believe that this system has changed since one of the primary philosophies of the game is player freedom.

Wanderer

Wanderer

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
P... printing?

...I want to write books!!

The ArcheAge RP Community:

Posted Image

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

P... printing?

...I want to write books!!

^ ;)

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Indeed, a character can use all production skills, leveling them up makes them use less Labor Points which isn't much of a big deal as opposed to other mmos where you are limited to what you can craft depending on your level. Book skill wasn't in the beta so I can't help you there.

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
btw, I don't see ships in the list. Are they part of Mechanics or Construction? Damn so hard to decide what to focus on :P

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
They work the same as houses, you get a blueprint, place it down and the "foundation" is automatically built, you just need to provide the materials for it to be built.

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
So does the crafting of houses, walls and ships works the same as crafting weapons? Can you lvl up in it and build higher tiers of it or upgrades? Or do you need to be a certain pve lvl or crafting lvl to build a bigger or better one?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

btw, I don't see ships in the list. Are they part of Mechanics or Construction? Damn so hard to decide what to focus on :P

Thx for the remind, added ships to construction.