You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
No, as i said they are blueprints you buy, it's not related to crafting in any way.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

No, as i said they are blueprints you buy, it's not related to crafting in any way.

Because obviously giving me the blueprints of a boat are all I need to make a master piece.

Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Pretty much yeah.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
You can max a profession in about 3.5 days worth of labour points.

http://archeagesourc...-info/#crafting

Did nobody read my wonderful review?

EVERY player can craft any craftable item in the game. There are no previous skill requirements and no class/race restrictions. The only requirements are that you have the correct ingredients, enough labour points, and a suitable crafting station.

All of the crafting recipes are viewable to anyone at any time by pressing "O" so you can plan out what you need and quickly check it while you're out of town (very convenient).

Damn we need a wiki!

Merlyn

Merlyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

A few times! and maybe once or twice over vent to my guildies >.>
Posted Image

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Damn we need a wiki!

Yeah I red it but I also red that some russian did some calculations and said it would take you 3 months to make the best items from a profession. I'm a bit confused right now.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

You are talking about 1.000 labor points needed to max a crafting skill, while the Russians talking about 10.000 labor points needed, thats why we are confused.
Was it a patch what changed it? or some professions require less labor points then the rest?

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
yeah 60.000 trees and 10.000 labour points. If I can do that in 3.5 days there won't be a tree left in Arche Age :P

Would also be a major dissapointment if you can craft the best gear after 3.5 days. I liked the idea that nobody would see an epic item for atleast 3 months, let alone get one yourself :)

I hate it in mmo's where ppl race to max lvl and can immediatly start farming the best gear in the game. So the no-lifers have a huge advantage over anyone that enters endgame content after them.
I thought AA put a stop on that with the labour points. Nobody can spent more then those 288 points a day. Ppl can try to roll alts to max lvl asap but they will be of low crafting lvl so those 288 points would be quickly spent.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

You are talking about 1.000 labor points needed to max a crafting skill, while the Russians talking about 10.000 labor points needed, thats why we are confused.
Was it a patch what changed it? or some professions require less labor points then the rest?

I had thought he was talking about the upgrade system taking like 10k point to get a top rank item. Which I could see if the old 25% numbers for armor were true. There to upgrade say a BP from white to purple would have needed approximately 4^5 combines, ie. ~1024. I could see that consuming 10k labor.

The new system may or may not have thrown all that out.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

That is in the purpose of the Beta, the testers are telling on the Koran and Russian forums that crafting XP has a 10x multiplier, that means it will be 10 times harder to reach the max level when the game goes live, again these are rumors, but we have to agree on one thing, and thats the crafting being accelerated and made easier for the beta like in other MMO betas, to let people test the effectiveness at maximum levels, because of the limited time the beta lasts. This multiplier might not be 10x, but it wont be the same as in the beta either.

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
that explains alot, thx :)

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Here is a vid from russia showing a character going through the different professions. Thought I'd bring it up since there aren't a lot of vids out there showcasing how most of the professions/jobs look like in-game. There are only 12 being shown, but since then, I believe more have been added.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
The max points per crafting skill was definitely 1000 and each labour point spent gave you 1 point. Whether or not the max will become 10,000 in future is uncertain. I made the review before they made changes to the crafting system. When I wrote it, you could craft any craftable item as long as you had the right ingredients and crafting station. After the review they changed the crafting system a fair bit to have the "magic" items, which required a certain level of crafting skill (only necessary for gear) and allowed you to repair your gear. Players thought the new system was too hardcore (because of time involved and costs) and so XLGames mentioned that they were going to change it.

Basically, forget what you know about the crafting system because it's going to change. Also, the key limiting factor on gear progression was the availability of Akhium. Since Akhium is a central part of the game's lore and systems, I expect any further crafting system to be limited by the availability of Akhium as well.

PoppySaysNo

PoppySaysNo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
How do Labour points work? I heard that you can pay others to do work for you with them? I am still unsure; the only information I could find I didnt really seem to understand, :L please explain it to me? like I heard if you have a good amount of labour points you can build a house in 2 days? what does that mean? hmmm is it like fatigue?
Friends are Like Potatoes . if you Eat Them... They will Die.
Strawberry Shortcake is my Baby Girl, and she does not belong to Entaro~

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
You generate a certain amount of labor points everyday. Those are used to gather materials, craft or construct things. Its a limit to what you can produce daily and most likely a mechanism to reduce material/item inflation.

Currently the only way to pay someone doing your work is doing exactly that. You give someone some money and he produces, gathers or constructs things you want him to. But he could also just walk away with your money and/or your items.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Master Vaillie

Master Vaillie

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
i believe poppy was referencing npc's

Tolemac- come join us now!

archeage.png

Small but active community with room to grow.

Looking for leaders with experience, enthusiasm, people skills, and maturity.

Looking for followers who are excited about AA.

Forums  -  Raids  -  Gallery  -  Laws

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
What have npcs to do with this topic? :blink:
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Trying to keep this topics up to date, since as well as other things between CBT4-CBT5 have changed in AA, so did the professions too.

For now, here is some info:
Posted Image

Couldnt find a better name for the "Leather*" profession, and the "Gun Making" seems suspicious with that helmet picture :P

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Typically it would be "Leatherwork" or "Leather working".

As to the gun making... ??

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

the "Gun Making" seems suspicious with that helmet picture :P

That's not gun, it's metalworking :P . What you call metallurgy is weaponsmithing.