You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fortification skill tree

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Posted Image
Lvl 1; CT instant; CD 18s; range 0~3m
Deals damage and stun the target for some seconds. Generate 8 times more aggro.

Combos:
-[After the Lvl 2 skill of Will]: damage increased by 100%.

Posted Image
Lvl 2; CT instant; CD 1mn; range self
Buff, Increases maximum HP for 30mn. While the buff is on, the player also accumulates "rage" upon being hit.

Combos:
-[Lvl 1 charge skill from Will]: Increase the effectiveness of the HP buff depending on the amount of charges stacked. Charges are consumed after use.

Posted Image
Lvl 6; CT instant; CD 27s; range 0~3m
Deals damage and seal physical skills of the target for some seconds.

Combos:
-[Stunned target]: Knocks down the target.
-[After the Lvl 2 skill of Will]: Damage increased by 80%.

Posted Image
Lvl 10; CT instant; CD 45s; range self
Self heal. Amount of HP recovered increases depending on the amount of rage accumulated (rage is consumed).

Combos:
-[After Lvl 14 skill of Will]: Amount of HP recovered increased by 50%.

Posted Image
Lvl 14; CT instant; CD 1mn; range self
Buff, the player recovers a little amount of HP every 1s, for 30mn. While the buff is on, the player also accumulates "rage" upon being hit.

Combos:
-[Lvl 1 charge skill from Will]: Increase the effectiveness of the buff depending on the amount of charges stacked. Charges are consumed after use.

Posted Image
Lvl 18; CT instant; CD 45s; range 0~15m
Decreases the target's running speed. Also deals damage based on the amount of rage accumulated, rage is consumed.

Combos:
-[After Lvl 14 skill of Will]: Damage increased by 40%

Posted Image
Lvl 22; CT instant; CD 1mn; range self
Buff, increases block rate and physical defense. Also grants immunity against knock down and push back.

Combos:
-[Lvl 32 skill of Will]: Adds protection against magical attacks (aka magical defense).

Posted Image
Lvl 26; CT instant; CD 30s; Range 0~3m
Holds the target still for some seconds in front of the player, and then knock it down, also dealing damage.

Posted Image
Lvl 29; CT instant; CD 24s; range self
Taunts ennemies in a 7m radius around the player. Effect of taunt is increased depending on the amount of rage accumulated. Rage is consumed.

Combos:
-[After Lvl 14 skill of Will]: Aggro generated is 2 times higher.
-["Taunted" target]: AoE enabled (Not sure what the description meant with this)

Posted Image
Lvl 32; CT instant; CD 2mn; range self
For 20s, creates a circular barrier around the caster that no one can cross in or out. Barrier also blocks all skills (players inside cannot be hit, and cannot hit players outside).

Posted Image
Lvl 35; CT instant; CD 2mn; range self
Channelled, for 12s the player is immune to all attacks.

Posted Image
Lvl 38; CT instant; CD 9s; range self
Increases ranged block rate for some seconds by 17%. Can be used several times in a row without cooldown for a total of 5 stacks.

Passive skills

Posted Image
Upon blocking a melee attack, grants a buff to the player that increase melee block rate by 12% for 60s. Overlap is not possible.

Posted Image
Gives a chance to stun upon a successful block.

Posted Image
Upon blocking a ranged attack, grants a buff to the player that increase ranged block rate by 12% for 60s. Can be stacked 3 times.

Posted Image
Physical and magical defense increased by 900.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik6ehtMAHp4

About rage
Amount accumulated can be checked under the HP bar.
Posted Image
It can only be stacked up to 3000.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Amaterasu is back with the skill trees translations, good job :)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Amaterasu is back with the skill trees translations, good job :)

Yea, the beta is almost over, with only one patch left. So I figured they wouldn't change skills too much. Currently updating the lists I already translated too. Some skills were added/removed.

OGuz

OGuz

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
good job
where is assasin (calling?) skill tree :(

most of the players are playing melee builds i guess from the videos.. is it really too OP?

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Sweet! Excellent job!

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

good job
where is assasin (calling?) skill tree :(

Since you asked it, it will be the next tree I translate :D. Should be done tomorrow, bit lazy right now~

most of the players are playing melee builds i guess from the videos.. is it really too OP?

I do think melee builds are some of the strongest, if you use the combos properly. They are hard to kite because they have many skills to close the gap (running speed buffs, dashes), and many CCs to keep you at their mercy. Mage type characters only shine in decent sized groups, when there is enough people to back them up.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thanks for all the trees so far, Amaterasu. Makes sense that the cloth-wearers need a good team to really shine. Hope to find a group like that. Also glad to hear the melee classes have plenty of CC's and dash-type skills, despite what that means for those of us used to living by the kite. All of this makes choosing a skill set really difficult.... and fun. That's the first time I've been able to say that in awhile. ;^^

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I do think melee builds are some of the strongest, if you use the combos properly. They are hard to kite because they have many skills to close the gap (running speed buffs, dashes), and many CCs to keep you at their mercy. Mage type characters only shine in decent sized groups, when there is enough people to back them up.

Thats what about i wanted to talk, seems like the CC skills are OP, lasting for too long.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

All of this makes choosing a skill set really difficult.... and fun. That's the first time I've been able to say that in awhile. ;^^

I have to strongly agree there. Ikea and me are theorycrafting all the time about viable combinations.
The class system is quite deep, you actually start theorycrafting right at the character creation window :D

Thats what about i wanted to talk, seems like the CC skills are OP, lasting for too long.

They improved the CC immunity system some weeks ago. Now when one type of CC is spammed on you too many times, you get an immunity buff against it. Problem is, melees have several types of CCs (stun, knockdown, paralysis, silence...), and cloth users are usually dead before they even get that buff due to the combos and their damage bonuses.
Melee CCs are usually short though, like 2~4s. Magical ones last way longer.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I have to strongly agree there. Ikea and me are theorycrafting all the time about viable combinations.
The class system is quite deep, you actually start theorycrafting right at the character creation window :D

That's one of the hardest parts of not being in CB... I'd really like to test combinations and different ideas. I hope you two and others will keep posting theories and impressions of certain builds and trees for those of us who can't play (yet...). It's really helpful, especially when you explained more about artistry. I had read about songs stopping if you cast something else, but until you explained more on your YT video, I didn't realize the full implications. Anyway, thanks again (and /shudders at the thought of all those melee CCs)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I hope you two and others will keep posting theories and impressions of certain builds and trees for those of us who can't play (yet...).

Well this is a build I had been thinking about, and actually mentioned in the shoutbox weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKN7Ead4H8

Needless to say it works VERY nicely? Even made Entaro jelly! :D. Only slight issue with this build is against plate user, but I can kill leather and cloth user before they are able to cast anything due to the sheer amount of CCs, and of course the damage.

Edit: Need a thread or subforums for more theorycrafting about classes :(

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

They improved the CC immunity system some weeks ago. Now when one type of CC is spammed on you too many times, you get an immunity buff against it. Problem is, melees have several types of CCs (stun, knockdown, paralysis, silence...), and cloth users are usually dead before they even get that buff due to the combos and their damage bonuses.
Melee CCs are usually short though, like 2~4s. Magical ones last way longer.

Still by watching the YouTube videos, in 1on1 duels, the first one who starts the CC cycle wins, so the one who estimates the CC range better will win the duel.

Fortification tree has some nice immune skills.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
@Amaterasu

That build looks fun!! :D

I always liked how subjobs worked in FFXI, how unique combinations were possible, if not always ideal... and AA is doing it in an even better way that really makes the variations and possibilities cool to explore. I saw CyclopsSlayer mention about 5 different alt builds in a different thread (or maybe this one)... and I'm starting to worry I'm going to have the same "problem" too :rolleyes: ... but, again, more possibilities and choices (not less) is a big relief considering many of the AAA games released in the last 5 years.

Oh, and I'm with your suggestion for a theorycrafting subforum for classes (...and for crafting, eventually... when more is known about it... though it seems pretty developed from some of the recent posts about greens and repairing items).

So, um... yeah... second! \<(;^__^)>/

kroked

kroked

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Awesome. I've been waiting for this! Good job!

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

Well this is a build I had been thinking about, and actually mentioned in the shoutbox weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKN7Ead4H8

Needless to say it works VERY nicely? Even made Entaro jelly! :D. Only slight issue with this build is against plate user, but I can kill leather and cloth user before they are able to cast anything due to the sheer amount of CCs, and of course the damage.

Edit: Need a thread or subforums for more theorycrafting about classes :(

This is getting nerfed. You are a way too fast, this will get nerfed.... I would not build on it as on a "perfect combo"....

Merlyn

Merlyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Was waiting for this one, thank you so much.
Posted Image

shebs

shebs

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
awesome info. thanks.
any word on the wild tree yet?

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

This is getting nerfed. You are a way too fast, this will get nerfed.... I would not build on it as on a "perfect combo"....

Everyone tells me that! :D
It's not a perfect combo though, I can think of some other ones that can perform as good or even better. But sadly all of them are melees lololol. They need to boost magic skills a tiny bit in my opinion.

awesome info. thanks.
any word on the wild tree yet?

Will work on that one soon, i'm working on Vocation right now (uploading the icons). But really slowly otherwise i'll get bored :<

Tribute

Tribute

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Them passive skills *excite me*.
The Elves had a prophecy about the expedition to the land of origins, which they termed "Ishtari".

Ryuuboruz

Ryuuboruz

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Them passive skills *excite me*.

Yeah those passives look amazing.

Lvl 32; CT instant; CD 2mn; range self
For 20s, creates a circular barrier around the caster that no one can cross in or out. Barrier also blocks all skills (players inside cannot be hit, and cannot hit players outside).

I wonder if this ability for 20s takes people out of combat so you can get hp/mana back? This skill seems remarkable jeez I am going to higher Entaro as my Personal body guard. Calling dibs.

Also could you trap say in a 2v2 one player in and one player out and fight a 2v1? Even though it says players inside cannot be hit is that everyone or allies.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users