There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Builds within Builds

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Zul

Zul

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
So, I guess my question is...

Let's say I chose Conjury/Death/Magic (Just picking randomly) and each tree has 13 skills and 5 passive abilities.

Will I be able to get all skills in all three trees(and passives)..
so 39 skills and 15 passives or will you only be able to pick so many when you level up and spend skill points on them?

I believe its like 28 skills and/or passives to choose from. (at Lvl50)

39 skills sounds like a lot so I doubt it is that, but it does kind of bum me out that I won't be able to use all the skills within the tree and my disposal. (Dream big :P)

39 skills and 15 passives sounds better than -
28 skills and/or passives :(

Builds within builds doesn't sound fun to me.
Rather just choose from the 120 options and be done with it.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
It's something like 28, I don't remember the exact number. It allows you to really fine tune your play style and be a little more unique if you want though. Should make pvp a bit more dynamic.

Zul

Zul

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

It's something like 28, I don't remember the exact number. It allows you to really fine tune your play style and be a little more unique if you want though. Should make pvp a bit more dynamic.

Yeah =/ , but you'd be able to do that if you had all the skills also. You could choose what to press on the spot o.o

28 is a good amount, but I hope they either give us more skill points or get rid of the system where we have to spend skill points on passives.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
What has been said here is that you start with 3 skills, and get another every even level 2 to 50, so yes 28 total.
That is 28 out of a potential 54 between actives and passives, so there will be likely massive variations within the same basic builds.

For various skill trees some passives seem almost mandatory.

Maybe mages for instance will do best for DPS if they concentrate on Fire, and ignore Water. And best CC Water over Fire. Just a crude example and not based on anything in AA itself, at least that I know of for sure.

Zul

Zul

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

What has been said here is that you start with 3 skills, and get another every even level 2 to 50, so yes 28 total.
That is 28 out of a potential 54 between actives and passives, so there will be likely massive variations within the same basic builds.

For various skill trees some passives seem almost mandatory.

Maybe mages for instance will do best for DPS if they concentrate on Fire, and ignore Water. And best CC Water over Fire. Just a crude example and not based on anything in AA itself, at least that I know of for sure.

I see where you guys are coming from and how it can fine tune variations of each class, but again if we had all the skills :P mages could focus using fire and switch and focus using ice and lightning within a moment giving some great versatility. 'Cause it could get old using fire spells all the time and having to go to the NPC to respec and de-level your tree would get old.

Sorry I'm fighting what is already made :)

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Yes its 28 skills what you can chose from the available 54 in total (including both actives and passives), giving the option to make very varied builds.

Here is a character builder tool from a Russian site:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/calc

Noremac

Noremac

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yes its 28 skills what you can chose from the available 54 in total (including both actives and passives), giving the option to make very varied builds.

Here is a character builder tool from a Russian site:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/calc

Llexx you seem to know what you're talking about I've used some of your posts to learn a lot, i have a question and want to know what you're thinking, what do you think would be the best combo. Wild+vocation+combat, will, conjury, devotion, or magic. Sorry theres a lot of options but I'm pretty sure i like the wild+vocation I just can't decide on my third one. I'd appreciate the help and your opinions! Thanks

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Llexx you seem to know what you're talking about I've used some of your posts to learn a lot, i have a question and want to know what you're thinking, what do you think would be the best combo. Wild+vocation+combat, will, conjury, devotion, or magic. Sorry theres a lot of options but I'm pretty sure i like the wild+vocation I just can't decide on my third one. I'd appreciate the help and your opinions! Thanks

They have since reworked the skill schools somewhat. 11 Active and 5 Passive skills in each school. As well you now have 23 points at 50th level, instead of the previous 28.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Meh already answered to this in another topic... again saying, that you need to be more specific about your needs, and there is no "best" combo in AA, some or good in one situation, but useless in others, for example i played a PvP kamikazze archer type, and i had tons of problems in PvE killing more then 2 mobs at once...

They have since reworked the skill schools somewhat. 11 Active and 5 Passive skills in each school. As well you now have 23 points at 50th level, instead of the previous 28.

Yea things have changed for CBT5, first we had only 21 skills available at level 50, then with a patch it was increased to the final 23 skills to distribute.

Tyrogon

Tyrogon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I see where you guys are coming from and how it can fine tune variations of each class, but again if we had all the skills Posted Image mages could focus using fire and switch and focus using ice and lightning within a moment giving some great versatility. 'Cause it could get old using fire spells all the time and having to go to the NPC to respec and de-level your tree would get old.

Sorry I'm fighting what is already made Posted Image

that will get old as well. with this system people can slowly tweak there specs and perfect them, removing abilities they arn't using as much, and try out new ones. i know i will probably be more entertained with this system because i will always be looking at my abilities to see what i can change.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

that will get old as well. with this system people can slowly tweak there specs and perfect them, removing abilities they arn't using as much, and try out new ones. i know i will probably be more entertained with this system because i will always be looking at my abilities to see what i can change.

While it was easy to do in CBT's (~10 silver to reset the skills from a chosen skill tree), for the live version it will be difficult (im just guessing logically):
  • maybe it will cast gold to erase a skill to get back the skill point,
  • maybe it will be limited per day/week about how many skills are you able to change,
  • or what sounds the most reasonable solution is a cost of labor points to reset a skill, somewhat 300 labor points to reset a skill and to get back one free skill point for furhter redistribution, something like this would be the best and most balanced solution.

Tyrogon

Tyrogon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

While it was easy to do in CBT's (~10 silver to reset the skills from a chosen skill tree), for the live version it will be difficult (im just guessing logically):

• maybe it will cast gold to erase a skill to get back the skill point,
  • maybe it will be limited per day/week about how many skills are you able to change,
  • or what sounds the most reasonable solution is a cost of labor points to reset a skill, somewhat 300 labor points to reset a skill and to get back one free skill point for furhter redistribution, something like this would be the best and most balanced solution.

Im hoping for this. this is probably my favorite part of archeage and would be nice if the people who actually think and care about this part of the game standout a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users