Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weapon types.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Compilation of available weapons.

• One handed weapons
-Daggers

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.4 - Bonuses available: force, agility, intelligence - Damage type: slashing

-Sword

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.6 - Bonuses available: force, stamina, intelligence - Damage type: slashing

-Katana

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.5 - Bonuses available: force, agility, spirit - Damage type: slashing

-Ax

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.7 - Bonuses available: force, agility, stamina - Damage type: slashing

-Mace

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.7 - Bonuses available: force, stamina, intelligence - Damage type: blunt

-Staff

Posted Image

Attack speed: 1.8 - Bonuses available: intelligence, spirit - Damage type: blunt

-Lance

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2 - Bonuses available: force, agility, stamina - Damage type: piercing

• Two handed weapons

-Sword

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.1 - Bonuses available: force, stamina, spirit - Damage type: slashing

-Katana

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2 - Bonuses available: force, agility - Damage type: slashing

-Ax

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.2 - Bonuses available: force, stamina - Damage type: slashing

-Mace

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.2 - Bonuses available: force, stamina - Damage type: blunt

-Staff

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.3 - Bonuses available: intelligence, stamina, spirit - Damage type: blunt

-Lance

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.5 - Bonuses available: force, agility - Damage type: piercing

-Bow

Posted Image

Attack speed: 2.5 - Bonuses available: force, agility, intelligence - Damage type: piercing

• Shield

Posted Image

Bonuses available: force, stamina, intelligence

• Instruments

-Lute

Posted Image

Bonuses available: intelligence, spirit

-Flute

Posted Image

Bonuses available: stamina, intelligence

-Drum

Posted Image

Bonuses available: force, agility

(All pictures were taken from archeage.gameabout.com)

About damage:

SlashingPiercingBlunt
Plate NormalLowerHigher
LeatherLowerHigherNormal
ClothHigherNormalLower

Notes:
-It is possible to chose which stat you want in your weapon when you craft. To know stats effects, check here.
-Usually, a weapon can either have one bonus stat, or a mix (at the cost of smaller bonuses for each stat).
-In terms of damage, I would classify daggers/1h staves/2h staves as low, 1h weapons as medium, and 2h weapons as high.
-Staff gives magical attack.
-Bow gives ranged attack.
-Lutes gives back HP when used, flutes gives MP, and drums gives a short timed attack speed buff.

BloodSorrow

BloodSorrow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Awesome dude thanks!
Dog.DontSnatch.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
What about dual-wield?
Can all 1-h weapons be used for dual-wielding? I saw dagger + 1-h sword on some pictures, is it possible to dual-wield mace + lance, or 1-h staff + 1-h staff for dual-wielding mages?

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

What about dual-wield?
Can all 1-h weapons be used for dual-wielding? I saw dagger + 1-h sword on some pictures, is it possible to dual-wield mace + lance, or 1-h staff + 1-h staff for dual-wielding mages?

Just saw this now sorry.

You can indeed have 1-h lance with 1-h mace. I didn't test all of them, but I would assume you can use any 1-h weapon for dual wielding. Although i've never seen someone dual wielding 1-h staves. I've seen a player with sword+staff though, was kinda weird :D

BloodSorrow

BloodSorrow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I would totally DW two staves if I was a mage... Epic!
Dog.DontSnatch.

Sabelamor

Sabelamor

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I understand the desire to balance combat in an MMO they want a rock/paper/scissors dichotomy with weapons vs. armor, but the choice to make plate armor 'normal' vs. slashing just doesn't make sense.

From the wiki, "Plate armour was virtually invulnerable to sword slashes. It also protects the wearer well against spear or pike thrusts and provides decent defence against blunt trauma."

Logically the selections should be slashing lower; piercing normal; blunt higher.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I would totally DW two staves if I was a mage... Epic!

Yeah, and duel-wield shields too while were at it :)

Posted Image

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators

Yeah, and duel-wield shields too while were at it :)

Then just spam your "shield bash" skill!

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
meh, you can all limit yourselves to JUST two weapons/shields/whatever. I plan on playing some kind of bard/artistry-related class and I'll multi-wield my instruments like a boss, tyvm.... ;D

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

(sorry... couldn't resist!) :P

BloodSorrow

BloodSorrow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
'Looked at example 1 and said: OMG!'

Will not be looking at the other examples haha XD

But your idea sounds pretty cool, using two different instruments.
Dog.DontSnatch.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Aw, but the CigoManBand clips are way better than Dick van Dyke/Merry Poppins.... (;T-T)

(*Fixed... CigoManBand comes first now... and all is right with the world once again ;P )

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Aw, but the CigoManBand clips are way better than Dick van Dyke/Merry Poppins.... (;T-T)

(*Fixed... CigoManBand comes first now... and all is right with the world once again ;P )

Ah yes.. I see Shango now...
Posted Image

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
"Of all the heroes in legend and song, there's none as brave as El Kabong..." ;)

(okay, sorry for derailing this otherwise useful thread... we now return to our previously scheduled programming)

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

meh, you can all limit yourselves to JUST two weapons/shields/whatever. I plan on playing some kind of bard/artistry-related class and I'll multi-wield my instruments like a boss, tyvm.... ;D

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

(sorry... couldn't resist!) :P

LOL!!!!!!! :lol: Well said......I was thinking of trying some interesting classes myself...Just to do it... :)

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

LOL!!!!!!! :lol: Well said......I was thinking of trying some interesting classes myself...Just to do it... :)

Yeah, but I wonder how much you can gimp yourself by choosing classes that have nothing to do with each other. All the combo's up till now I've seen are bonuses that are mostly granted if you have the corresponding class that goes with it. Like Magic and Conjury both give bonuses when the target if on fire etc, so having a melee cast magical spells doesn't seem very viable.

Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yeah, but I wonder how much you can gimp yourself by choosing classes that have nothing to do with each other. All the combo's up till now I've seen are bonuses that are mostly granted if you have the corresponding class that goes with it. Like Magic and Conjury both give bonuses when the target if on fire etc, so having a melee cast magical spells doesn't seem very viable.

Viable in PvP or PvE? Because PvE is far more forgiving, if you wanna play with some "exotic" build.

I agree there isn't much combos between magical and melee skill trees though, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't mix them. I saw a player using Combat and death (don't know what was his third tree), and even though there's only one "combo" (as in, the extra bonus you get for mixing 2 specific skills), some skills worked really well with each other. AoE paralysis from Death+melee AoE+AoE DOT (the crows)+melee AoE paralysis, etc etc.

I think there's room for several fun builds, but that's not the kind of thing players would know everything about in 95 days, especially if they didn't reach max level. Give them a year!

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
For maximum 'efficiency' there are likely few builds that meet a perfect admixtures criteria. Likely the hardcore pvp, and siege crowd will pigeonhole themselves in those few, where there is little room for fun or limited usage skills.

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
I wouldn't say PvE is forgiving. I still remember how hard it was for me to even kill a monster on my own because i messed up the class selection a bit. There are some possible combos that will be pretty sweet in PvE and some that will make you want to claw your eyes out and bang your head on a wall.

Can't really recall the build I used to test thing but it was Range plus some Magic class and you were in a huge disadvantage compared to any other "default" builds. Maybe it would smooth out after a couple dozen levels but as a starting build it was pretty horrible. Then again there's always the choice to start with a cookie cutter build and after you reach a high enough level swap the 3rd class to something else and level it to whatever level you want. Keep repeating by replacing 3rd class with something else and you should be able to get one of the not-so-good-for-leveling builds. That doesn't mean it won't take you a year though.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
As well, with the limited Skill points, even taking the same schools could yield differing results if you skip certain on the skills in favor of others.

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'll definitely set up some damage dealers...And team play must be taken into account....But it will be nice to see what XLGames does to keep people from picking the same set-up. I wouldn't expect complete balance in a system so diverse though(and they said pretty much not to)...Should be fun ;)

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users