Development of ArcheAge began sometime in 2006.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

English ArcheAge Skill Calculator

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hello there folks,

Not being in the beta myself, but still being extremely interested in this game, I've made the effort of translating Watercrows russian skill calculator into english on the newly created swedish fansite I've made.

The english skill calculator

Using Amaterasus skill lists on this forum as a reference has been invaluable, since google translate is pretty damn crappy at times... some translations look different, some look similar or the same (sometimes there aren't too many ways of translating things). I've "dumbed down" the grammar on purpose, skipping "the" every now and then and so on to keep the text shorter.

During the translation I noticed some skills were listed in the russian version but not here, but those might have been obsolete skills, I'm not sure. Some skill descriptions might look a bit weird too. Even though the calculator is now operational, I'm sure there is still work for me to be done on refining and changing things that may not be entirely correct.

Do please point out if you find anything that should be changed. I hope some of you may find this tool useful smile.gif

Edited by LlexX, 01 July 2013 - 09:03 AM.
This skill-calculator is outdated!

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Finally someone translated it to English, good job mate :)

P.S
The Russian version is outdated, allot of skills have been changed after they made it.
In other hand Amaterasu pointed out that he needs to edit some skills after the CBT4 is over, because they were changed, dont know if he made these changes.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Finally someone translated it to English, good job mate :)

P.S
The Russian version is outdated, allot of skills have been changed after they made it.
In other hand Amaterasu pointed out that he needs to edit some skills after the CBT4 is over, because they were changed, dont know if he made these changes.

Ah, good to know. I will change/update skills as soon as I can, as soon as I know what skills to change. Thanks for the feedback.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Ah, good to know. I will change/update skills as soon as I can, as soon as I know what skills to change. Thanks for the feedback.

When you said Russian i thought about the skill calculator from the archeage.ru site:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/calc
But now i noticed that you took the info from another Russian site, and for that i dont know if its updated or not, for this one i know that its outdated with some skills.

Also check:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/planner
Noticed a mistake with Wild tree, in you calculator and in Watercrows too (+2 Physical Attack, +5 Reinforcement), and it should have been the opposite (+5 Physical Attack, +2 Reinforcement), and it differs with other trees too, but at this point i cant tell you which one is the accurate.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

When you said Russian i thought about the skill calculator from the archeage.ru site:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/calc
But now i noticed that you took the info from another Russian site, and for that i dont know if its updated or not, for this one i know that its outdated with some skills.

Also check:
http://www.archeagerussia.ru/planner
Noticed a mistake with Wild tree, in you calculator and in Watercrows too (+2 Physical Attack, +5 Reinforcement), and it should have been the opposite (+5 Physical Attack, +2 Reinforcement), and it differs with other trees too, but at this point i cant tell you which one is the accurate.

I've seen a number of potential errors in those values (physical attack etc) in the english/russian calc when compared to XlGames own class-combiner. Is the XLGames version the updated one? If so, then I could use that one as a reference to change all those numbers.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yes I may have to do some minor changes in the old trees I have translated. The newest ones (starting with Wild I think) are up to date though.

I checked through the calculator quick, and small "errors" I have seen so far include the lvl 41 Skill in Artistry, which was changed entirely. It's not a "peace zone" anymore but an aura that protects from sleep, knockdown and possibly stun. I will fix that when I have more time. Also the lvl 41 skill in Conjury is not a circular aoe but a cone one, in front of the caster.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I've seen a number of potential errors in those values (physical attack etc) in the english/russian calc when compared to XlGames own class-combiner. Is the XLGames version the updated one? If so, then I could use that one as a reference to change all those numbers.

1. ArcheAge Online
2. ArcheAge Russia
3. Watercrows
Nb. 1 and 2 are the same and official, but they were made long time ago, and since then allot things have been changed. Nb. 3 differs compared to the 1 and 2, i dont know if thats correct, never seen these values anywhere else before.
Amaterasu should know this, his our wikipedia Posted Image, he will tell us which one is correct.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Right, I've changed the skill description on artistry level 41 and conjury (I assume you meant the level 38 skill?). I'll refrain from changing physical attack values and such things right away until I have all the facts.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Speaking of the level 41 conjury skill. In the skill file im using, there is a skill there called "summon demon" (doesnt show up in the calculator though). I guess that's an obsolete skill? The conjury tree in my calc doesnt show a level 41 skill at all I noticed.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Speaking of the level 41 conjury skill. In the skill file im using, there is a skill there called "summon demon" (doesnt show up in the calculator though). I guess that's an obsolete skill? The conjury tree in my calc doesnt show a level 41 skill at all I noticed.

Every skill tree planned to have 13 active and 5 passive skills, over time some skills were altered, some skills were replaced with new ones, and some just dropped out. For example the "Taming" skill from the wild tree have been replaced with another one, while this "Summon Demon" from conjury have just been removed, maybe in CBT5 this "skill hole" will get filled with a new skill. Im sure that at the release all trees will have 13 active and 5 passive skills, until then the devs are just experimenting with them to find the "appropriate" 13+5 skills.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Every skill tree planned to have 13 active and 5 passive skills, over time some skills were altered, some skills were replaced with new ones, and some just dropped out. For example the "Taming" skill from the wild tree have been replaced with another one, while this "Summon Demon" from conjury have just been removed, maybe in CBT5 this "skill hole" will get filled with a new skill. Im sure that at the release all trees will have 13 active and 5 passive skills, until then the devs are just experimenting with them to find the "appropriate" 13+5 skills.

That explains it then. I thought I was just missing some skills in the calculator that I needed to add.

Trancend

Trancend

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Hey nice fan site u made. I sure wil follow you site cus im Norwegian :P

Heres the official english site with classes: http://www.archeage....nfos/ability/28
And heres the class calculator: http://www.archeage....nfos/ability/11

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Awesome scandinavian work!!

Greetings from German B)

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Excellent work and thanks for the contribution! :D

If you and the Watercrow guys want to get a head start on the coding, most of the skills can be upgraded as well. So you could include a small + sign in the bottom right to increase the level of the skill and some variables that store the updated dmg/heal/duration values for each skill. Also an option to choose your character's level as right now it's based on max level.

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Thanks guys :)

Entaro, how many times are skills upgradable? Is it the same for all skills regardless of level and whether they're active or passive? That would indeed be a good feature to add.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators

Thanks guys :)

Entaro, how many times are skills upgradable? Is it the same for all skills regardless of level and whether they're active or passive? That would indeed be a good feature to add.

The number of times skills are upgradeable varies depending on the skill. Also, the level at which those upgrades are unlocked varies. Passives cannot be upgraded.

Benseine

Benseine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Keep up the good work! :)

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Great addition to the site Termy! Thanks(:

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I don't know if it's already been brought up, but the count 0-0-0 in the top right corner pretty much records the number of clicks, should be checking if a skill has already been added or subtracted instead.

Posted Image

Termy

Termy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't know if it's already been brought up, but the count 0-0-0 in the top right corner pretty much records the number of clicks, should be checking if a skill has already been added or subtracted instead.

Good catch. I hadn't noticed that.