ArcheAge-Online.com was the first ArcheAge fansite in the world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What happens to Blood?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PoppySaysNo

PoppySaysNo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Okay, so I heard about Tera that the game removed blood as the game is suited to a 12+ audience. I am not saying it will happen to ArcheAge, but I was wondering is it possible for blood to be removed from ArcheAge? Personally I dont care as I hate blood in games, but then what about Murder? There is blood left behind after a murder, if blood is removed, would this also be removed? It would seem unfair, unless it would be replaced by other things like the city 'Undercity' was for WoW for US/EU, after the piles of bones were turned into boxes compared to China. So hmmm :L
Friends are Like Potatoes . if you Eat Them... They will Die.
Strawberry Shortcake is my Baby Girl, and she does not belong to Entaro~

cellblock

cellblock

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Okay, so I heard about Tera that the game removed blood as the game is suited to a 12+ audience. I am not saying it will happen to ArcheAge, but I was wondering is it possible for blood to be removed from ArcheAge? Personally I dont care as I hate blood in games, but then what about Murder? There is blood left behind after a murder, if blood is removed, would this also be removed? It would seem unfair, unless it would be replaced by other things like the city 'Undercity' was for WoW for US/EU, after the piles of bones were turned into boxes compared to China. So hmmm :L

Well blood is so very much a part of game mechanics, not just graphical gore. Blood spatter is how one can report a murder to the courts, etc, and I'm sure there are other mechanics that require it as well (If I remember correctly, the anti-stealing footprint mechanic had a blood texture?)

Posted Image

Doin' time for online crime since 1996.

PoppySaysNo

PoppySaysNo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well blood is so very much a part of game mechanics, not just graphical gore. Blood spatter is how one can report a murder to the courts, etc, and I'm sure there are other mechanics that require it as well (If I remember correctly, the anti-stealing footprint mechanic had a blood texture?)

Yea, that is why I am worried if they remove those, IF they remove blood from the game like many other games. But I am not sure, they may not.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Dont dare to remove the blood from ArcheAge!!! Posted Image

This game is unlikely to be a 12+

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
ArcheAge will, as it is, easily get a PEGI 12 rating in Europe. And the US doesnt care about violence. As long as the kids doesnt see nipples its ok if they slaughter people.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

PoppySaysNo

PoppySaysNo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

ArcheAge will, as it is, easily get a PEGI 12 rating in Europe. And the US doesnt care about violence. As long as the kids doesnt see nipples its ok if they slaughter people.

You should see the newspapers we have in UK, everyday there is always some topless bint on page 3, its so degrading >.> people are becoming more perverted over the years :(

cellblock

cellblock

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

You should see the newspapers we have in UK, everyday there is always some topless bint on page 3, its so degrading >.> people are becoming more perverted over the years :(

When I was in Afghanistan, we used to trade magazines with the British because of that :P

Posted Image

Doin' time for online crime since 1996.

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Whats wrong with a topless girl on a picture?
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

PoppySaysNo

PoppySaysNo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

When I was in Afghanistan, we used to trade magazines with the British because of that :P

Haha!!! You naughty person! xD

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Its nothing wrong with that :)

P.S.
I dont remember when was the last time i bought magazines or newspaper, we are living in the internet era, paper is the past :P

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
In my opinion they should just unlock gore and blood in the options panel with different degree's of intensity based on your age.

Posted Image

Helleri

Helleri

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
*snikers* if they had to for any reason change or get rid of blood they could go the SNES vs. MK route, lol.

and very true about the US... a kid can shoot someone in the face in a video game here...but not if they have their nipple out, lol!

It's funny that we are so desensitized to violence over here but we are still a bit prudish when it comes to so termed 'indecent exposure'
Posted Image
"Be Strong, do as you will...The swords others will set your limits."

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
It is especially sad when in a fact, eroge is nothing wrong, while violence is the wrong thing.....

Well, that's pretty much what religion, propaganda and poor education does with people...

Helleri

Helleri

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

It is especially sad when in a fact, eroge is nothing wrong, while violence is the wrong thing.....

Well, that's pretty much what religion, propaganda and poor education does with people...

lmao! The first thing I made on IMVU was a Sticker, It had a rose going through a heart (like a fleshy actual heart looking heart). the stem was puncturing it...it got turned down for general content view and made adult. They sighted 'drops of blood' as the reason....not the fact that I had rose piercing a human heart...no it was the two drops of blood and the one forming on the tip of the stem that got it censored -_-
Posted Image
"Be Strong, do as you will...The swords others will set your limits."

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Speaking of censorship...

Posted Image

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Cmon people its not the blood what makes the kids violent, its the:
Posted Image

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I think that letting a 6 year old play GTA 12 hours a day for 10 years might give him the wrong idea's about life.

Posted Image

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Why would people think it would give anyone any idea?

When I was a kid I never accepted openly any ideas. I played games like Wolfenstein and Doom since my 7 and it never really meant anything to me. It was just a way to spend time and not be bored. I never had the slightest incling to even compare games and reality, as even very young child can clearly see the difference there. Since you are born you are told stories and tales before you slee, etc. And you know those are made up, that is not happening because if it would, you would see it and touch it already... right?

So really why? Why this stupidity, people basically need to remember their thought process from when they were young, and think if it would affect them. I say no, not at all. Even open real-life slaughter of stuff, like killing pigs and such did not affect a thing, because I was just watching it. I I was the one doing it maybe... dunno.l.. maybe if someone would like gut my mother in front of me it would affect me. But games and such, are you kidding me?

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Why would people think it would give anyone any idea?

When I was a kid I never accepted openly any ideas. I played games like Wolfenstein and Doom since my 7 and it never really meant anything to me. It was just a way to spend time and not be bored. I never had the slightest incling to even compare games and reality, as even very young child can clearly see the difference there. Since you are born you are told stories and tales before you slee, etc. And you know those are made up, that is not happening because if it would, you would see it and touch it already... right?

So really why? Why this stupidity, people basically need to remember their thought process from when they were young, and think if it would affect them. I say no, not at all. Even open real-life slaughter of stuff, like killing pigs and such did not affect a thing, because I was just watching it. I I was the one doing it maybe... dunno.l.. maybe if someone would like gut my mother in front of me it would affect me. But games and such, are you kidding me?

You are one kid among many others. We all know someone who is influenced easily by things he see's or feels. My only problem with this "issue", is that there is already a well established rating system and it's up to the parents to monitor what their kids play. Games should be as gory and violent as they need be.

Posted Image

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Sorry people but i dont believe that games or movies are the source if kids becoming violent, mostly its more the parenting, if a kid becomes violent then its their parents to blame (friends and school too, but its up for the parents to act with these too)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users