Jake Song's real name is Song Jae-kyeong.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Omni Society - EU

Guild Europe Friends Fun Exploration PvP Social PvE

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
We're a goofy lot that may contain some nuts. We like to have fun and make some good friends along the way, we are passionate and have a good amount of humour. Laughing extends your life, or at least the quality of living. :D

We set out to enjoy most of what games have to offer us and help each other in a dedicated, but relaxed manner. We do not stress, but we are determined. Personally I enjoy learning and researching everything there is to know about the games I grow passionate about.

We're a guild not for people to be in temporarily, we're a guild that seek and hold on to members that fit in and can become good friends with each other, beyond any single game. We play many games together and hang out on teamspeak even if we're not playing together, but to have the option of playing together and enjoy ourselves.

There are members that like roleplaying, PvE, PvP and all of the aforementioned. We have been waiting for ArcheAge for a long time, and it seems finally to draw closer to being reality.

If someone has any questions or just want to talk. Our family is welcoming, do speak to us. :)

We have our website at: www.omni-society.com
Ao_sig_white-20130207.png

Safwan_Ramzan

Safwan_Ramzan

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Your web seems neat and sweet. Wish you all the luck! :)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Rofl i've been in a team with some of you guys in TERA. Seemed like nice and relaxed guys. Best of luck in ArcheAge.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Welcome. I know your face and guildname from Tera EU. I would be honoured to meet you in Archeage!

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. A good community can give a game a good soul. :)

@Safwan_Ramzan: I am glad you like our site! I have put a lot of work into it.

@Amaterasu: Good! If they weren't nice, I'd have to give them a spanking. :lol:

@Miyafuji: I remember you from Tera EU as well, cheers to some great times in ArcheAge!

Hopefully we can all meet in ArcheAge. I am glad I discovered this game, though I wish it would be closer to release. However, in these early stages there are also a greater (probably small?) chance of having some kind of impact on it's development prior to release. :D

Suigintou

Suigintou

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I might hop the bandwagon as well then. TERA is fairly dissapointing so far with it's FAILSTER service, so let's see how much promise this has. Quite a lot from the crafting I've heard. I hope the combat has an action element to it as well. A bit more than GW2 atleast.

@Miyafuji just how long have you been here already with your 600+ posts!!...

Posted Image

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Good luck to your guild.

Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I might hop the bandwagon as well then. TERA is fairly dissapointing so far with it's FAILSTER service, so let's see how much promise this has. Quite a lot from the crafting I've heard. I hope the combat has an action element to it as well. A bit more than GW2 atleast.

No the combat does not really have action elements. It's a bit more on the "traditional" tab target side. There's a lot of reactive skills though. Plenty of player-made videos out there to give an idea.

On a side note I hope you won't behave as poorly on these boards as you do on TERA forums.

Suigintou

Suigintou

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

No the combat does not really have action elements. It's a bit more on the "traditional" tab target side. There's a lot of reactive skills though. Plenty of player-made videos out there to give an idea.

On a side note I hope you won't behave as poorly on these boards as you do on TERA forums.

Awh, I quite like to whine, QQ and 'tease' my fellow forummembers a bit. Well it did help in the way how Frogster presented such a broken game to us. I don't think I could play TERA all by myself and have 'fun'. For that matter it seems like a waste of time and money. And since a lot of people haven't continued their subscription due to lack of content the fun factor for even teamplay is quite gone as well.

Posted Image

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Hello Suigintou! :)

I thought this melee teaser was quite nice, have a look if you haven't seen it.

@Zil: Thank you!

@Amaterasu: I have had a talk with Suigintou regarding that, and he best behave. If he does not, do tell me about it. With that said, he really isn't as bad a person as he would have himself appear on forums.

The more I see and read about ArcheAge, the more I like it. At least so far. I have been longing for a truly open game world without loading screens and giving us the chance to create our own class, plus having a lot of nice small details that really helps with immersion. Like having around 50 emotes and being able dynamically affect your dancing, it just seems fun. :)

Maybe ArcheAge can finally topple the fun I had in Ultima Online.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I thought this melee teaser was quite nice, have a look if you haven't seen it.

It's a teaser though. Better check for actual gameplay footage. Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKN7Ead4H8

I've had this talk with other players from TERA too haha. It's not a fancy combat system, but the strenght of ArcheAge lies elsewhere (aka all the non-combat related content?).

Suigintou

Suigintou

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Ahh... was it like that... Yeah I'm still not sure exactly who I upset so much. I tended to be quite crude to everyone on the forum for a while.

Posted Image

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I've had this talk with other players from TERA too haha. It's not a fancy combat system, but the strenght of ArcheAge lies elsewhere (aka all the non-combat related content?).

I think the combat looks alright, at least that is my first impression without having any experience with it myself. One should not decide on whether to play a game like ArcheAge merely by looking at the combat, and I agree with Amaterasu here, in that it is all the other non-combat related features that makes it an interesting game. The combat is of course a part of the game and it's appeal, but it's not the driving force. A rainbow is not beautiful just because of one colour, it is all the colours and how they are put together and compliment each other.

Tais

Tais

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If only.. Although it is similar in many ways to UO. Both games were more than just combat and funnily enough you can shear sheep in both games, a good sign for sure.

Posted Image

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If only.. Although it is similar in many ways to UO. Both games were more than just combat and funnily enough you can shear sheep in both games, a good sign for sure.

ArcheAge is still a good long way from being released and a lot more goodies can enter the game before it is. With a baseline such as it already has, that is quite a good foundation to build upon after release as well. If as a community, we can provide feedback and desires that are actually heard, I believe ArcheAge can (for me, at least) be a better experience than Ultima Online.

I read on these forums that even if you followed the quest lines, they would not bring you to all the areas and exploring further on your own could lead you to discover secret quests. I absolutely love hidden and rare things within a game, and I hope ArcheAge can have or has more things like this. Whether it is going through a waterfall to enter a normally unseen area, or finding a hidden chest with some neat decorative item in it, or a set of symbols on the ground that when stepped on in the correct order opens or teleports you somewhere. Essentially making exploration itself rewarding on it's own, and giving certain areas of the game a unique appeal that only exists in that area. I quite like the fact that in ArcheAge there is this island with a permanent storm, for instance.

I would definitely like to see the housing feature in ArcheAge expanded upon, specifically with an ability to design your own house. That would make the houses have more of an identity and make it more fun to just walk around and look at the various houses. It seems like a natural step from being able to decorate the inside of your house as you want.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I would definitely like to see the housing feature in ArcheAge expanded upon, specifically with an ability to design your own house. That would make the houses have more of an identity and make it more fun to just walk around and look at the various houses. It seems like a natural step from being able to decorate the inside of your house as you want.

Well you can't design the structure, but you can fully decorate a house. The amount of furnitures available during beta was astonishing.
With some patience and imagination players can really create beautiful house.

Tais

Tais

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well you can't design the structure, but you can fully decorate a house. The amount of furnitures available during beta was astonishing.
With some patience and imagination players can really create beautiful house.

Again another great feature from UO. It is about time that people finally learnt from UO and stolen some of its features for their own.

Also if I didn't mention before, Aonoa you have a very colourful website and looks good.

Posted Image

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

I think the combat looks alright, at least that is my first impression without having any experience with it myself. One should not decide on whether to play a game like ArcheAge merely by looking at the combat, and I agree with Amaterasu here, in that it is all the other non-combat related features that makes it an interesting game. The combat is of course a part of the game and it's appeal, but it's not the driving force. A rainbow is not beautiful just because of one colour, it is all the colours and how they are put together and compliment each other.

The AA combat is more suitable for mass PVP, and you can see it everywhere. Its about storming the enemy lines with bunch of well balanced fully buffet and perfectly constructed parties. Its not that much about individual performance. Yes good individual performance can make you 2x better but still, I expect AA to be more tactical/political game, instead of "run in, swing my sword wildly trying to hit my enemy with my CC"

Combat in Tera honestly is quite broken, as it is primary a PVE game, it works fine in PVE. But in PVP the sync model is totally crappy, half the time you see the enemy on different places you try to hit them, while half of the time I just give up and try use the skills with wide swings which are easier to hit and based on where it did hit I aim next time, not where I see the enemy... ITs very broken, because there is no central positioning, the server does not decide. You see your character on your screen on a different places then where others see you, then where you really are, and the same applies to them.

I actually likes the old L2 system more where before anything happened, server must have confirmed that. So you pressed button, and nothing happened until the skill started casting "on the server", yep the people with bigger latency to server had massive disadvantage, but it was the only way how to ensure fluent combat without people being seen elsewhere/porting/warping and others annoying stuff.

I prefer the combat model of AA for the game of this "mass", because the action model I experience din Tera did not satisfy me. It did only PVE-wise, PVP wise it is kinda horrible.

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
I would just say that the combat in AA is what you've seen in games like WoW.

The potential for teamwork is there but not really, not yet. What Miyafuji seems to be refering to are the combos you can do but the combo system is about the same as GW2's if a tad more simple. There is certainly room for teamwork, you need your tanks and your supporting character and your crazy ultra-dps dudes if you want to get a fight over without losing too much but don't expect something extremely tactical.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The potential for teamwork is there but not really, not yet. What Miyafuji seems to be refering to are the combos you can do but the combo system is about the same as GW2's if a tad more simple.

What? It's nothing like GW2...in GW2 combos are based around having a static skill X that applies combo effect if you use skill Y while standing in it.
How is that even related to AA combos? ('sup with you belittling the game as of late too?)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guild, Europe, Friends, Fun, Exploration, PvP, Social, PvE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users