ArcheAgeSource.com is hosted on a server located near Atlanta.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Omni Society - EU

Guild Europe Friends Fun Exploration PvP Social PvE

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
In AA the combos worked by using states, usually a debuff. In my opinion the combo system for both games is quite similar in that prespective. You apply skill X then skill Y triggers an extra effect. Problem with AA's combo system is that it's just too simple. Apply this debuff to an enemy and your skill Y will stun for 3 seconds. The game plainly tells you what's going on and the combo choices were rather limited.

In GW2 i seem to be activating combos out of nowhere but you can clearly understand what the combo does, like the guardian applying cleanse or whatever then whirlwind skill and essentially his stationary buff get carried by the attacking skill. Or shooting a skill through a fire wall and the skill gaining fire damage or whatever.

I trully believe the GW2 combo system is more robust than AA's just because XLGAMES seems to not really bothered much with it and just went about using the same idea for all their combos.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I found the zergy nature of combat in WvWvW, and the flashy skill animations, made it REALLY difficult to tell just what the hell was happening at times. I'm not a very skillful player, though... Even so, I noticed a lot of other players (especially casters) spamming skills long after enemies were dead, mostly because "can't see shit, Captain" =/

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well you can't design the structure, but you can fully decorate a house. The amount of furnitures available during beta was astonishing.
With some patience and imagination players can really create beautiful house.

Again another great feature from UO. It is about time that people finally learnt from UO and stolen some of its features for their own.

Finally? I would have to say that SWG did it the best with housing customization in a sandbox game......What they manged to with housing in that game was "amazing". :D To bad the game got trashed in the end.... -_-

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Interesting, I did not yet know that Archeage had a combo system for combat. It does not necessarily need to be overly complicated, though. Some times keeping it simple is the best, particularly when one wants to balance combat in an MMO.

About designing the house structure/building, that is something which could possibly be an expansion down the line some time. I would just like to see it happen at one point or other, since more diversity is good and in Ultima Online there were even competitions regarding house design. I have not played SWG, so I do not know what it was like there. However, I'm quite positive it would bring good things to Archeage as well.
Ao_sig_white-20130207.png

Acharial

Acharial

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Nice to see Omni Society around here! ^^

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thank you! I'm glad to see you, and hear such praise. :-)

Here, a toast to waiting (patiently?) for Archeage!

I am curious to see what videos and material will be available after people have had their hands on CBT5 for a while.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

Nice to see Omni Society around here! ^^

Acharial? That one from Whitestar?

Took you long enough to get here.....

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I hope to be able to read about new ArcheAge content/features during or after the upcoming open beta. It would just be nice with some fresh meat to feed a growling stomach. :lol:

Blade & Soul is not available yet either, and little else has piqued my interest in terms of current MMO's.

Dizzylemon

Dizzylemon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Good luck with your Guild. I also remember you from the Tera forums. I don't think I played with you before. I didn't make it into the second month of Tera. Bad memory don't want to talk to much about it when we have so much to look forward to.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I also remember Omnies from tera forums too bad you went to the carebear server :( My nick was drolyag in Tera EU forums.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I also remember Omnies from tera forums too bad you went to the carebear server :( My nick was drolyag in Tera EU forums.

I remember Omnies from everywhere lol, in every single game i played ive seen them, even watching my bro playing his MMOs ive seen them there too, also Omnies were quiet strong in many F2P games.
It's a massive guild :D

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Aww, it is nice to be remembered. I also remember Orum from Tera. :-)

At the moment we only have a small, but very close core, though. Something I think is important, to be close. We're looking forward to ArcheAge! I truly hope it can be a modern Ultima Online, or well, have it's sense of quality and a similar effect on the people playing it. Those were some good times..

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah well you were on different server, yet I managed to fell in.. i mean get a feeling for one of your members....

shush.,...

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
;)

You might come across each other again..

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Tera was a so bad game experience that i tend to remove it from my memory...
However,good luck in AA,hope to see many big guilds ready to clash. :)

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Hehe. Thank you for your words. :)

I saw the letter about XLGAMES not handing out open beta press accounts to NA fans/press because they are working on that publisher announcement.. I know I should not, but it gives me some hope that the mentioned announcement might not be that far off from happening. Following that, we may finally hear something about a western client/plan for the game. :D

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Some lovely news today; namely that Trion Worlds is going to be publishing ArcheAge for the western market! We are all very excited about this, and eagerly await more details regarding any beta and more. It even seems like they plan on releasing ArcheAge some time later this year.

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I am doing a bit of a lengthy overhaul on our server, and during which our website is unfortunately down. I shall strive to keep the downtime as short as possible, but filesystem stuff with large drives and partitions take a lot of time. On the positive side it will end up being more robust and probably perform better. ^_^

EDIT: Somewhat closer to my goal, and as such I have put the site back up for now.

AridAzrael

AridAzrael

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Oh wow an actualy EU guild with EU players, the only ones I have seen so far are geraman :)

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hehe, indeed. We have many different nationalities with us, and humour is the common language between us all. No, wait.. That didn't sound right.. English! That's it, English is our common language. I knew there was something off. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guild, Europe, Friends, Fun, Exploration, PvP, Social, PvE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users