You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Archeage Source's Fan Survey (Finished)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Drul

Drul

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

And CS belongs in GW2 and awesome F2P games like Tribes and Mechwarrior! :D

It might belong in some games.
Still does not fit sandbox or sandpark mmorpg's for me.
Heck I would not play majority of themeparks with CS. Actually I left a few cause of CS, even some to which I was emotionally and financially invested like Lotro few months after they switched to freemium and I've played it for over 1,5 years, had 2 high-geared characters and like 6000 + Turbine Points still. (from various rewards as I was eglible- I've not spend any money to buy any point packs).

Same as susbcription would not fit i.e Skyrim or Fifa.

-----

Besides Mechwarrior Online is not released yet and imho it seem it might get trash business model like WoT.
Tribes I don't like. For me it is weak game.
LoL and other MOBA games I tried (Dota 2 and Smite) are boring like hell as well. I still cannot comprehend why they are so popular...

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

And Blizzard gets you coming and going there... Buy an item for real money and it is straight up. Sell an item and not only does Blizzard take 15% off the top, the they don't pay you in cash, but "Blizz Bucks" instead. Then they take a further 15% to convert that to your local currency via paypal or similar service... Yeah, D3 was created solely to promote the Cash Shop, no other reason.

If they would keep it in the system it would be somehow acceptable. But the current shop is plain and simply legitimizing RMT. Nothing else. With Diablo 3 they finish what they started in WoW. Its like implementing a aimbot in shooters because there are third party people that produce aimbots.

Its ridiculous. Only good thing is that its not an MMO. I just hope their "TITAN" isnt going to use something similar.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
You can't really blame a BUSINESS for trying to monetize its intellectual property; but Cav has a point that letting too much of the "outside" come in is potentially destabilizing. At least the gem system in GW2 has the likely collateral effect of ruining the financial viability of RMT--only time will tell.

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Yeah but the game is ruined anyway since you just sell what RMT companies did before. Its just like the aimbot example. The only difference is that Blizzard allows RMT companies to do their business while in GW2 they dont. Impact is the same.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

And Blizzard gets you coming and going there... Buy an item for real money and it is straight up. Sell an item and not only does Blizzard take 15% off the top, the they don't pay you in cash, but "Blizz Bucks" instead. Then they take a further 15% to convert that to your local currency via paypal or similar service... Yeah, D3 was created solely to promote the Cash Shop, no other reason.

When I've first heard of the system I thought it was brilliant from the corporate sides of things. I knew they wouldn't make it 100% B2P.

Posted Image

Drul

Drul

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

You can't really blame a BUSINESS for trying to monetize its intellectual property; but Cav has a point that letting too much of the "outside" come in is potentially destabilizing. At least the gem system in GW2 has the likely collateral effect of ruining the financial viability of RMT--only time will tell.

It won't change much. What official RMT systems do is that they expand rmt using playerbase.
You would be surprised how much players have not evven heard about idea of selling / buying in-game things with $.
Some other heard but were afraid to do so 'illegally'. Some others were afraid of getting scammed. For some "illegal" others rmt was inconveniant, and so on.

Offical rmt does not really combat or even significantly minimalize 'illegal' / unofficial one.
Many f2p games sell game gold or gear directly. And yet botters / exploiters / cheaters / dupers thrive. Why? Cause they undercut offical prices.
EVE is selling ISK for $ via Plex. Yet still huge amounts of ISK is traded 'illegally' all the time.

Official RMT just expand RMT in game and does not really hurt botters / farmers that much, because significant % of their consumers just prefer them casue they are chearper.

Hell in D3 RMAH you can trade gold for $ and yet in my country ebay-like service (localized ebay actually lost here hehe) there is still TONS of selling gold auctions and many people buy them.

You will have unofficial RMT and gold selling going on in GW2 as well and big time, even though there will be possiblity to buy gold via gems in-game. For reason stated above.

Lord Graves

Lord Graves

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Was not able to take survey vis moble phone :-(

RedDragons-x.jpg

Once A Dragon, Always A Dragon!

Website | YouTube | Twitch.TV

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
It's over by now.

Forgot to lock this so doing it now ad updating stuff.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users