Development of ArcheAge began sometime in 2006.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A New CBT5 Interview

CBT5 News Beta

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Some notes:
  • OBT will start later this year.
  • Servers will be able to keep 10-20k people.
  • CBT5 will run on 3 servers.
  • Servers will be up from 04:00-18:00 (CET GMT+1)
  • Quests are added up to level 46.
  • There will be 3 instances, 1 for level 20, 2 for level 30 characters.
  • Cross-continent teleports will be back, but it will be costly (consumables) to teleport.
  • Save point teleportation will be only available to cities and private building (own house).
  • If a pirate dies, he will be sent to prison always. :(
  • Item repair is again for gold.
  • Introduction of a new court system. (This looks interesting, need a better translation of how it works)
  • Upon reaching level 10, and choosing the 3rd tree it will become level 10 as well, no need to level it from 1-10.
  • In CBT5 there will be violence, sex and drugs.
Sources:
Korean
Russian

The full interview:
(google english and the finest in german)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

English MMOculture

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thanks Llexx!
That answers the tree level question quite nicely.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
So 8 PM to 10 AM EST? I might be able to play a little! :D

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
The full interview:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Okay so the skill-tree change seems to be only for reasons of making people focus on each of their tree's one step at a time to get used to it.

Posted Image

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators

The full interview:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Ahhh, google translate.

Improving the stability of the client portion of a graphical thing that you found a big difference in comparison with conventional CBT seems to be having sex.

Mawnee

Mawnee

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
The graphics are like sex!

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
The whole game is about sex xD

- Jake Song

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators

Finally finished reading through the interview. Glossy (probably glistening) strawberries?!? :D Looks like I'm going to have to create a special area in my strawberry hoard for those!

I hope they add signs that you can place so I can label everything nicely.

Lots of other interesting changes in the interview, nothing I want to comment on for certain though as the google translations can be misleading.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The whole game is about sex xD

ArcheAge might finally answer a lifelong question. What does the offspring of an elf and a dwarf looks like?!

And wow, seems XLGAMES gave an interview to every single korean mmo site out there. A lot of stuff, barely know how to sum everything up.

About the court system, you can apply as a juror may be summoned when a player decided to go through a trial ("criminals" are now given 2 choices when caught, prison or trial). Apparently the jurors will decide on the lenght of time the "criminal" stays in prison (or let him free). They will add rewards for people that become jurors in the future (in the form of money).
While we're at it, they changed the way crime points work. Now you need to actually die before being sent, and only 50 points are required for that *Looks at Entaro*.

Something interesting that hasn't been pointed is that there will be indeed "langages" for each race and faction, that need to be leveled up in order to understand others. We won't see this in CBT5 though, but I'm mentioning it because it may be the first steps for player-made factions (which we've heard nothing about for quite a while :( )

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators

ArcheAge might finally answer a lifelong question. What does the offspring of an elf and a dwarf looks like?!

And wow, seems XLGAMES gave an interview to every single korean mmo site out there. A lot of stuff, barely know how to sum everything up.

About the court system, you can apply as a juror may be summoned when a player decided to go through a trial ("criminals" are now given 2 choices when caught, prison or trial). Apparently the jurors will decide on the lenght of time the "criminal" stays in prison (or let him free). They will add rewards for people that become jurors in the future (in the form of money).
While we're at it, they changed the way crime points work. Now you need to actually die before being sent, and only 50 points are required for that *Looks at Entaro*.

Something interesting that hasn't been pointed is that there will be indeed "langages" for each race and faction, that need to be leveled up in order to understand others. We won't see this in CBT5 though, but I'm mentioning it because it may be the first steps for player-made factions (which we've heard nothing about for quite a while :( )

I think you need to die from PvP too though, not just die. I wonder if the picking of jurors is random or if your friends can just apply for it as soon as you die and then get you off the hook.

Deity

Deity

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I think you need to die from PvP too though, not just die. I wonder if the picking of jurors is random or if your friends can just apply for it as soon as you die and then get you off the hook.

Sounds like bounty hunting will be thriving in this game.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hmm that's interesting. Does each race have a unique language + the global faction language? Cause I mean if two races are supposed to be in the same faction it doesn't make much sense for them to not understand each other.

Posted Image

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Maybe the same system as WoW had ^^

So much to read and i have no time.
The next festival awaits me ^^

- Jake Song

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Maybe the same system as WoW had ^^

WoW never had racial languages as more than a castoff. Now if you were thinking EQ1 then they had Racial and Faction languages and players would often spend hours spamming a block of text to any near so they could learn their tongue. I remember sitting on a dock fishing while waiting for the intercontinental ship, spamming a poem, then doing more of the same on the 20 minute ride between continents.

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
This mystery island or however its called seems to be a central trading place... i dont like that. Didnt they say we would have to move around our resources to certain places?

And still no word about player made factions.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
So no auction house anymore, and we have this new instanced trading island instead of that?

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

This mystery island or however its called seems to be a central trading place... i dont like that. Didnt they say we would have to move around our resources to certain places?

And still no word about player made factions.

This is what I was worrying about....Since this is a central shopping space, then what do they plan to do within the cities? It would have been a perfect idea for them to scatter these items in the different cities or world areas, forcing players to travel and populate these areas. Now what? :unsure:

We'll have to see, but this is exactly one of the worries I had of Jake Song being a fan of WOW. Most of the cities there are hardly used for anything other than auction housing "mainly". Sure there's "some" things to do, but some cities are almost ghost towns. The only reason I can see for this island is the fact that people get to see full size versions of what they want to buy....

They must have noticed map limitation. But why not just let people review before purchase, and then just view the life size model of the item in an interface option like some other games?...But I'm guessing that would waste data...So many questions about this. I guess we'll find out about some of the answers in a few days. :blink:

Edited by Wiseman, 09 August 2012 - 11:54 AM.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Evilidea

Evilidea

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
As a future juror, I want to asure everyone that I will take your bribes. :P

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
The island looks to me to be a demilitarized zone for window shopping of construction items and pets. Don't think it's a trading center.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CBT5, News, Beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users