There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the suspected thief on trial screenshots

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

kforice

kforice

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
http://board.archeag...로사&sortType=new
(translated this page)

he got a message suddenly while questing
"do you want to serve on the jury which will judge the criminal? yes or no"
and he clicked yes. and loading..

Posted Image

and he arrived at the court. and he saw the list.
this criminal committed so many crimes. about 9 pages. most crimes are thieving.
and there were already 4 people. and they were debating each other.
and there were rocks nearby him. he could throw rocks. (infinite)

Posted Image

that thief was sentenced to 68 minutes in prison. and that thief was angry and he shouted.
after some times, that thief said "i escaped from prison!!" in the alliance chat (it is the chat that most people are chatting).
and that thief left a comment on the thread. "now i am stealing cows".

and i searched more things about prison.
even if you escape from prison, the prison buff is not removed.
prison buff seems the debuffs.

and the person who posted this is 38 level.
so i guess people who are 30 level can join the court.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Dammit i was expecting that this topic will be about our Amaterasu :P
Well maybe the next one :D

kforice

kforice

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

why amaterasu???

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

why amaterasu???

Hehe i will leave it to him to explain, soon you will see (it was an unpleasing surprise) :)

kforice

kforice

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hehe i will leave it to him to explain, soon you will see (it was an unpleasing surprise) :)

where? this forum??

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
A little tip. You have the same "tendency" as i do. You like to start a sentence with "And". Avoid it. ;)
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Entaro, your name is not on the list o.0

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Nobody really seems to be planting strawberries. Also, you have to be reported to be on that list. :P

68 minutes seems like a really long time though. That prison debuff, even if you escape, basically disables you from doing just about anything. You can't use any skills and you can't even summon a horse or a boat.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I'm still hoping guilds and "justice-minded" players (i.e., bored people) will camp the areas surrounding the prison to kill escaping prisoners. All XLGames has to do is give people some pointless reward for doing this (some kind of title with different degrees) and it would make a fun mini-game of sorts and make prison escapes much more dynamic.

I can see it now... AA prison escapes, Shawshank Redemption-style...

*Edit to add: Escape

Edited by Shango, 20 August 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators
The problem with that is that the prisoners can't use any skills, you might as well gank someone that's afk.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
so why do they bother to escape then? I have never got that part of it xD

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators
No idea, didn't make much sense to me other than to try it out once.

Mawnee

Mawnee

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

68 minutes seems like a really long time though. That prison debuff, even if you escape, basically disables you from doing just about anything. You can't use any skills and you can't even summon a horse or a boat.....

9 pages of crimes....... I bet he set back other players many many times more playtime than that. I actually like this trial system and hope they dont nerf it so as to make it useless. I am all for giving players room to be evil by making thieving/murder possible. However, I also like that there are REAL consequences to dissuade everyone from being a griefer. The game wont be fun if everyone being a jerk becomes the accepted norm rather than the exception.

Shango

Shango

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
As others have pointed out in previous threads, time penalties aren't that punitive. 68 minutes? Hmmm... sounds like enough time to go make and eat a sammich, go take a shower, troll around on the internet for a bit, etc. And, if people are multi-boxing, it's even less of a penalty. In all cases, once the time is up, it's right back to racking up 9 pages of crimes and reaping the benefits of those dastardly deeds.

The system will only truly work if there are graduated increases in penalty thresholds based upon prior convictions. Imagine repeat offenders facing 24+ hour imprisonments/bans, stiff gold/resource bundle fines, even permadeath of characters in the most extreme of circumstances (e.g., over 9000 pages of crimes). If it's just some token slap on the wrist, then the trial system and penalties *are* something, but it won't really be a meaningful consequence. Then again, I do think there should be some kind of gray area to allow pirates to rob people at sea and bandits to rob resource caravans on land. Not sure how you can get away with both, but you can't totally drive away the lawless types (imo), because having them around does add some flavor and excitement to otherwise mundane tasks.

In the same sense, I would love to see some of the bribing of jury members and nefarious subversion of the system that has been joked about here. We'll see were they take things, I guess. At the very least, I'm glad that at least some kind of response to crime is included and can only hope they will continue to add more depth and complexity to how it works. I'd like to see more about what's in CBT5 with regard to this topic, tbh. Like more screenshots and even some video of how a trial works. Off to look through YT uploads for relevant footage XD

Thanks for posting this, kforice^^

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

:(
Soon™ I guess.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

A little tip. You have the same "tendency" as i do. You like to start a sentence with "And". Avoid it. ;)

And I don't see a problem with that. :P

---
This jury system is cool, gives a different dimension to the game. Although if it's so easy to get out of jail, even if with the debuff I can hardly see why you would wait an hour, does it clear your history?

Posted Image

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

And I don't see a problem with that. :P

---
This jury system is cool, gives a different dimension to the game. Although if it's so easy to get out of jail, even if with the debuff I can hardly see why you would wait an hour, does it clear your history?

To go to the trial/jail 50 crime points are needed (stealing 50 strawberries, killing 50 people in PvP etc), but if im right there are quests in some cities which reduce crime points by 10, and thats for picking up 15x(plant, rock...) so its like to exchange 15x labor points (75 min labor regen) for -10 crime points. So the jail is avoidable.

kforice

kforice

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Posted Image

they are all same guild. and the person who committed 8 pages crimes is innocent. lol.

and i found a video about the court.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

As others have pointed out in previous threads, time penalties aren't that punitive. 68 minutes? Hmmm... sounds like enough time to go make and eat a sammich, go take a shower, troll around on the internet for a bit, etc. And, if people are multi-boxing, it's even less of a penalty. In all cases, once the time is up, it's right back to racking up 9 pages of crimes and reaping the benefits of those dastardly deeds.

The system will only truly work if there are graduated increases in penalty thresholds based upon prior convictions. Imagine repeat offenders facing 24+ hour imprisonments/bans, stiff gold/resource bundle fines, even permadeath of characters in the most extreme of circumstances (e.g., over 9000 pages of crimes). If it's just some token slap on the wrist, then the trial system and penalties *are* something, but it won't really be a meaningful consequence. Then again, I do think there should be some kind of gray area to allow pirates to rob people at sea and bandits to rob resource caravans on land. Not sure how you can get away with both, but you can't totally drive away the lawless types (imo), because having them around does add some flavor and excitement to otherwise mundane tasks.

In the same sense, I would love to see some of the bribing of jury members and nefarious subversion of the system that has been joked about here. We'll see were they take things, I guess. At the very least, I'm glad that at least some kind of response to crime is included and can only hope they will continue to add more depth and complexity to how it works. I'd like to see more about what's in CBT5 with regard to this topic, tbh. Like more screenshots and even some video of how a trial works. Off to look through YT uploads for relevant footage XD

Thanks for posting this, kforice^^

The true penalty would be xxx minutes of doing something. Like running here, doing that, digging that, carrying this there, etc. Something that does not do itself and cannot be easily scripted/automated in any way. "just wait" as as good punishment as none.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The true penalty would be xxx minutes of doing something. Like running here, doing that, digging that, carrying this there, etc. Something that does not do itself and cannot be easily scripted/automated in any way. "just wait" as as good punishment as none.

I like this! An enforced task(s). Rather like a 'Community Service' sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users